The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Invite Only A Story of a Girl (and a Jedi!) - [Kahne Porte]

Kassey Daklin

The Fair Jewel of TGC
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Underworld
Where is a typical location for @Kahne Porte to run into Kassey Daklin?

Coruscant? Nar Shaddaa? Tatooine? Ryloth? Let's rolls the dice, shall we? And the winner is....

Ryloth - Tann Province
Tann's Corner Market

The sun was starting to set on the planet of Ryloth, and some people of the market actually started to collect their things and go home, but in just a few moments, the lights around the booths and stands came on, and the vendors usually stayed a few hours after the sun set to get the crowd of people who wanted a later dinner, or a walk with the family after eating. Kassey was dressed in light gear as she walked around and observed everything. But, she really wasn't just window shopping or browsing for a bargain on homemade dresses. Instead, she was watching someone, an ex-associate of hers who fled to the planet when he already owed her a few thousands of credits for a job they pulled together. He was trying to lay low here and blend in with the people native to the planet, but Kassey could see him as she peeked through the slits in the booths, or down the rows of people. She had her sunglasses on to cover her eyes, and once she saw that he would be alone for a moment, Kassey would cut through the crowd of people to follow him.

But it was messy, a group of vendors carrying baskets and crates of products blocked her view, and she wasn't sure where he went off to. All of the sudden, as she turned the corner of one of the buildings, she felt someone grab her by the collar of the back of her jacket, and dragged her into the alleyway while also covering her mouth so that she couldn't scream. Once she regained her balance, one man held her hands behind her back and stayed behing her, while another one gave her a hard slap across her face. It happened so suddenly, she wasn't even sure of what to do.

"Are you looking for Raj? Yeah...you're looking for Raj. He gave you a warning to not follow him." Slap, once more, and then the man in front of her grabbed her by the chin.

"He owes me...a LOT of credits. He's an easy man to follow, he should try harder."

"You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into. If you're gonna be a problem, we're here to take care of problems. Now, we're just gonna need to make sure we get rid of you once and for all." He said, just as he pulled a vibroblade from the side of his utility belt.

Long story short? Two guys, in a alley, while she struggled to get free. One behind to keep her hands behind her back, and another in front to taunt her.

This is not how I planned my day to go..

Kahne Porte

Hope Is Kindled
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Oh Ryloth, what a place to be especially for a Jedi. Kahne glanced up from his datapad casually watching those that had passed by. Kahne wasn't here on pleasure unfortunatley, business always seemed to keep him a bit busy nowadays. Kahne was investigation a potential dark presence here on Ryloth and for the first few days, he hadn't really picked up on anyting. He wondered if it was just someone nervous about the gangs that had taken refuge in the outskirts of the capital city.

@Kassey Daklin

Kahne glanced over towards the lights as they flipped on and he let out small disasstified sigh. He tapped his comlink he had on and spoke rather solemnly. "There's nothing going on here except local trouble. I'll stay and take care of that." Kahne voiced as he stood up and began to walk down the street. "The the dark presence you spoke of, I can't sense it whatsover." The Jedi just happened to glance down an alleyway were there seemed to be some commotion going on that caught his attention. "Hold that though, I'll get back to you." The jedi flicked of his comlink and started down the alleyway towards what seemed to be an woman in distress.

He couldn't help but see that she was very attactive, however given the circumstances that probably wasn't the best way to start. Then again...

"CHIT!" The Jedi exclaimed as he walked his way towards them. "What is going on here?!"

"Stop right there!"

"What are you doing?!" Kahne yelled back. "Do you have any idea who this is? And this is no way to treat this woman." Kahne declared, while a small piece of rebar nearby began to slowly raise up and then quickly sped towards the first one's head knocking him over and then he was out.

"I'm sorry I'm late dear. I couldn't get those seats like you wanted." Kahne glanced towards the individual holding her arms behind her back. "I'd highly advise you let her go and get the hell outta here."

Kassey Daklin

The Fair Jewel of TGC
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Underworld
Another voice was heard, one that had all three people turned their heads to the new onlooker. Kassey, at first, and at the very first thought that came into her head, it was figured by her logic that this was someone else that was about to join them and gang up on her. Two was already bad enough when you were caught off guard like this (not to mention, there MAY have been a bit of recreational spice in her system, something she now came to regret). But then after he spoke a little more, she figured out that he wasn't there with the other two. Once he declared that the new man was on her side. she noticed things floating in the air.

Oh gods, Oh no, he's a Force user!

She didn't actually hate anyone who used the force, it was just ignorant of her, and ignorance was bliss in her safe little bubble. Men with knives and blasters didn't bother her, using the Force and moving things with their minds? That's where the fear came in. But in any case, he was there to help, and before she knew it, the man that had grabbed her chin was now on the ground. Once the many behind Kassey looked to his partner, and then back to @Kahne Porte , the Jedi gave him this blank stare.

Kassey herself, was confused, he mentioned that he couldn't get seats, and her eyes widened a bit. With no time to react, the one that was formally holding Kassey's hands behind her back was shown to be a coward and he dashed off, not wanting to end up out cold on the ground. He dashed out of the alleyway, and Kassey didn't really feel a need to attack, shoot, or chase him. It wouldn't have mattered in any way. After she cleared her throat, She let the adrenaline rush calm down before she took another step forward. "Wow...I mean, thanks for that. I guess I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time." Kassey cleared her throat again, more out of nerves than anything, and she bit down on her lower lip - a nasty little nervous habit. "Anyway, I appreciate it. That was an...impressive trick."

Kahne Porte

Hope Is Kindled
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Kahne chuckled as he tucked tail and ran away through the otherside of the alleway. "Wait! Stop! Come back, we were having so much fun." The Jedi's voice trailed of as he shook his head and then glanced towards the woman now in front of him. She seemed nervous, but Kahne wasn't going to hurt her. He was just glad he arrived when he did. No telling what they would've done to her.

"That's no problem. I'm just glad I was in the right at the right time. Do you tend to get into these situations often?" Kahne inquired lofting a brow with a small grin on his face. Kahne could tell that she was an underworld type, bounty hunting,smuggling, stuff of that sort. Or at least that is what his intuition led him to believe.

"It's not so bad." He replied when she spoke of the trick. "I've got a few more up my sleeve, just a few though." Kahne mused as he glanced up and down the alleyway.

"So, is it safe to leave you by yourself, or will you be needing some more protection for the rest of the evening."

@Kassey Daklin

Kassey Daklin

The Fair Jewel of TGC
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Underworld
@Kahne Porte

He actually made her laugh a little when he shook his head, even though in the most dire of situations, she could appreciate someone making humor about it, which is something she often did herself. He told her that it wasn't a problem, that he was at the right place at the right time, and it made her laugh a little again. "Yeah..and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But as for often? I wouldn't say..often. It's more like..constant." Kassey teased with him for a moment, and she was able to kind of check him out without being ridiculously obvious.

"If you want me to be honest...part of me says that yeah, I'll be fine. But..the more outgoing side of me tells me that yes, protection would be nice. But not only that, I kind of owe you now, right?" She said before she looked around at the scene. The reason that she was a little uneasy was because her could do the force..thing. After she cleared her throat once more, she then took a moment to think about it. "Um..so..just out of curiosity. That little "trick" was because of the Force, right?"

Kahne Porte

Hope Is Kindled
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
"Rightfully so...." Kahne said as he cocked his head to the side for a minute and chuckled. When she mentioned she'd be find but then could use the protection Kahne couldn't help but be please. The first thing was that his lead here turned out to be a bunch of chit. Secondly, he would be in the company of a beautiful woman. Third, what else did he have to do?

"Well, consider myself yours for the rest of the evening." Kahne nodded his head towards her as he took a few steps closer to her, to get within arms reach. He extended his hand towards her with a smile on his face. "My name is Kahne, Kahne Porte. And yes, guilty. I am a force user. Is that okay?" Kahne asked with a curious look on his face.

@Kassey Daklin

Kassey Daklin

The Fair Jewel of TGC
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Underworld
It was funny, because while he thought that he would be in the company of a beautiful girl, she thought the same about him. Why not spend time with a very handsome man. Not only that, but one that could protect her if things went bad? She did have a few enemies..and by a few, it was really several of them. With that in mind, Kassey actually took his hand happily and returned the smile that he gave her first. He introduced himself as Kahne Porte, and along with that, he confirmed that he was a force user.

While she was hesitant, Kassey cleared her throat and shrugged it off slightly. "Nice to meet you Kahne. My name's Kassey, Kassey Daklin. And..while I'm a little reluctant around force users, I suppose if you promise not to use it on me with those funny little.." Kassey took her hand and wiggled her fingers on the side of her head. "...mind trick things, I think I can let you get away with it."

@Kahne Porte

Kahne Porte

Hope Is Kindled
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Kahne had run into a few people who were finicky about force users and the things that they could do. Many people were ignorant to the jedi and the things that they did. Sometimes they seemed to want to be avoided at all times. The Jedi Master could understand why, and it didn't surprise him in the least. He never did try to force this 'hokey religion' upon anyone. He respected peoples wishes and their thoughts on it. Everyone was entitled to their opinion after all.

"Kassey? I like that name." Kahne said and he chuckled just a little bit as he cocked his head to the side slightly. "I can't make any promises." He shook his head and laughed again. "I'm just kidding, I'm the last person you should be worried about." The Jedi walked beside her as he held his arm out to her. "So, what's on the agenda?" Kahne asked with a small smile.

@Kassey Daklin

Kassey Daklin

The Fair Jewel of TGC
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Underworld
He mentioned that he liked her name, and Kassey actually looked sincerely flattered by that. It was strange, some guys would go right for her looks or how she was dressed, but instead? He seemed to really like something so simple as her name, and she took that to heart, maybe even a little more than she realized. He teased her then, and told her that he couldn't make any promises and rectified the statement by saying that he was just kidding, and she shouldn't worry about him. "Ah, but that's where my upbringing comes into play. You know? I'm a little worried about everything, everyone. That's how one stays alive." Kassey winked over at him, and while she took his arm, he asked where they would go and she thought about it.

"Well, you know, in some cultures, they would say that I owe you a debt. I should tell you that you should pick the place, but..how about something to eat? Or maybe a drink? That is, if you force users drink." Kassey let out another little chuckle at the thought of it. "Which..I'm actually and genuinely interested in you and the things that you can do. Does that mean you're a Jedi? Or maybe the Force is just something you know how to use and manipulate?" Kassey blinked a few times and started to walk, just so that they were out on the streets and not back in some scuzzy alleyway.

"I know that some people just think that Jedi and the Darkside users are some kind of insane cult. But..I know that the Jedi at least can do some real good in the galaxy. I mean.." Kassey chuckled as she gave him a playful look on her face. "..I'm not doing much good in the galaxy, I don't want you to think I'm some kind of saint."

@Kahne Porte