The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Adam Sandler Celebrates Happy Gilmore’s 25th Anniversary

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Adam Sandler Celebrates Happy Gilmore’s 25th Anniversary on the Golf Course

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
25 years... so hard to believe!

I know he's still making a lot of films for Netflix, but I kind of miss the era when these kind of "harmless" comedies were king. Sandler, Chris Farley, David Spade and all the others. Maybe I'm just getting old, but for years now its seemed like most of the big comedies are needlessly dirty and filled with bad language.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
25 years... so hard to believe!

I know he's still making a lot of films for Netflix, but I kind of miss the era when these kind of "harmless" comedies were king. Sandler, Chris Farley, David Spade and all the others. Maybe I'm just getting old, but for years now its seemed like most of the big comedies are needlessly dirty and filled with bad language.
I agree. It's an unpopular opinion these days but Adam Sandler movies are great. Good, harmless fun. Happy Gilmore is probably the best. It's fashionable to mock them these days but I like em. Even Grown Ups 2.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I agree. It's an unpopular opinion these days but Adam Sandler movies are great. Good, harmless fun. Happy Gilmore is probably the best. It's fashionable to mock them these days but I like em. Even Grown Ups 2.
...and there was always something heartwarming about these movies, some relatable message buried amidst the juvenile behavior.