The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Additional Faction

What sort of Faction would you like to see?

• A Belief Based Faction (Witches/Matukai/Etc)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • A Species Based Faction (Chiss Ascendancy/Droid Faction/Etc)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A Cultural Based Faction (Mandalorian Clans/Etc)

• Something Different (Please provide suggestion.)

• Mandalorian clan/Mandalorian Empire

• Total voters

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Rogue
Force User
No
Very interested to see what people like! I’ll have to think on this

Jikma Temebiu

Jedi Fundamentalist
Primary Account
Rank
Knight
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
I would like to see a Confederacy of Independent Systems faction filled with aliens and droids and corporate goons.

Artus Apercevoir

ISB Agent
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Adept
Faction
Empire
Force User
No
I do know there has been at least a vague interest in a Chiss faction, but I also think a droid faction could be interesting too :)

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Rogue
Force User
No
We have a few droids running around but I’m not sure what a whole droid faction would do?

We could do like separatists who use droids and want to leave the Republic?

Marina deVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Primary Account
Rank
Elite
Faction
Republic
Force User
No
Something different in addition to everything else.

I'll think on it before I make a suggestion. :)

Kassey Daklin

The Fair Jewel of TGC
Primary Account
Rank
Elite
Faction
Underworld
Force User
No
I would like to see any of the above mentioned factions. The reason I didn't personally vote for a faction of species is just because sadly I've seen them fall in the past. I think perhaps a subfaction of maybe a Chiss Ascendancy or a Droid Army faction would be actually pretty cool to see.

I always liked the religious ones like the Witches - seeing is how in lore there is both "good" and "bad", similar to the force and "light and "dark", so that area always interested me, and I loved the idea of a "crazy" (point of view) cult-like faction based on religions like Jedi or the Sith. A subfaction of Grey Jedi or something similar may be very interesting, and it might also be interesting to see a new kind of thought process or religion started, seeing is how people could go sideways, struggle with themselves or with the new faction, it could make up for a lot of interested stories.

I think, given enough people interested in a faction, anything could be successful with the right amount of posts and players.

Kassey Daklin

The Fair Jewel of TGC
Primary Account
Rank
Elite
Faction
Underworld
Force User
No
Also, with the hype of the Mandalorian, a Mandalorian Faction might be very interesting to see once more. I like the cultural factions, as well, they always seemed to have a core value with again, create great stories so that they can struggle or play with the lines of a code or a type of honor.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Rogue
Force User
No
I think I’d be down for a witch faction or a mando faction. We have both types of characters on the board so ready players and I think with the Clone Wars and Mandalorian being on Disney + they might draw attention.

Kassey Daklin

The Fair Jewel of TGC
Primary Account
Rank
Elite
Faction
Underworld
Force User
No
That's true. I think you're right with Disney plus having some umph to help with ease of access and may draw more attention. I'd be a part of either/both since I, too, have characters in both categories and I'll be around more to keep up with posts now.

Maybe instead of what we've seen on TGC before, we revamp the ideal or belief system or change things up when it comes to the witches or mandos in order to play things differently. I'd love a new angle for my characters and to explore other avenues.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Rogue
Force User
No
We could for sure make some changes. In the Clone Wars it seems Dathomir is bathed in darkness and the night sisters rarely leave it, though some are contracted out to wealthy citizens. As far as I know they also weren’t elemental force users like the Shapers of Kro Var were. But I’m the EU there are lightside witches too. I’d have to dig around to learn more. I know Chaos has a very active and thriving Witch community there so maybe they would be willing to lend advice.

For the Mandalorians I’m not sure how they were on TGC 1.0 because I was never part of them back then. I think it would be awesome to base some of it off of what we see in the new series though.

I think these factions could work:
- a separatist faction that becomes a force against the new republic. The empire doesn’t seem to be taking off so maybe that would be more of a war story.

- a witch faction that could be more traditional to how we see them in Star Wars. Playing more minor roles and subtly manipulating things rather than taking over the entire galaxy.

- a mandalorian faction that combines elements from the show and the EU. Maybe they could also wage war against the republic or something. Cops and robbers style. That might work with just TGU as well.

- The Shapers of Kro Var. I mean what’s not to love about elemental bending?

-A grey Jedi order? Though I’m not sure we have enough a Jedi to support that.

Chupa La'Roi

Primary Account
Rank
Knight
Faction
Sith
Force User
Yes
There is the Bendu for a Grey Faction, but I wouldn't be opposed to the Prophets of the Dark Side returning as a seperate entity.

Or some pirates. Love me some pirates.

Artus Apercevoir

ISB Agent
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Adept
Faction
Empire
Force User
No
So it’s looking like Mandalorian is the current winner, I’ll leave it open for another day or so in case we get some last minute inputs 😊