The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

And so it begins... [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marck Vallen

Jedi Master
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
Destroying the last buzz droid Marck dropped to one knee again next to Spark and sighed. They had been shot at, blown up, and zapped by killer buzz droids, and the Sith was still running.... this guy was annoying. Still it was his duty to try to stop him. Closing his eyes Marck tried to sense the Sith again, tried to use the same connection that had ked them here, but it was gone. He coukd sense the darkside, could sense that he hadn't left the planet yet, but little else.

"I can't sense where he is anymore, can you?" Marck asked looking to Spark still hopeful.

Spark Vallen

Stimcaf Aficionado
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
Spark frowned and closed her eyes. She was utterly exhausted and sore, and it took a second to push all of that away and truly feel the Force again. She stretched out with her senses, then quickly shook her head.

"No." She opened her eyes and looked back at him. "He must be hiding his presence to ensure his escape... since we tracked him so easily before."

She flopped dramatically onto her back and sighed.

"Holy hell, what a day."

Marck Vallen

Jedi Master
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
Marck nodded then finally allowed himself to collapse beside Spark, he could sense her exhaustion and frankly he shared it. The Sith had put them through the gauntlet with his tricks and traps, and Marck was feeling it. "We both need a shower... a nap... and of course muffins."

Looking up at his ship Marck sighed, who knows what the Sith had done inside or what traps he had left behind. The vessel had been sealed when he left it but with the ramp down it was obvious the Sith had broken in. He would have to upgrade the security system. "Guess we should check the ship first though, get you into the medical bay as well so I can check you out."

Spark Vallen

Stimcaf Aficionado
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
Spark turned her head and gave her little brother a wry look. "I'm tired and a little numb. I'm not broken."

She smirked then and sat up, testing her legs by moving them up and down. Tentatively, she shifted into a crouch, then rose to her full height. Her legs held, much to her relief. Spark offered a hand to Marck to help him back up.

"Let's have a look, shall we?"

Spark then offered him back his lightsaber hilt. Now that the threat was seemingly over, he could have his whole weapon back.

Marck Vallen

Jedi Master
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
Chuckling Marck reached up and took Spark's hand allowing her to help him to his feet. He didn't exactly agree with her assessment they could both use some time in the med bay with some bacta spray, and some basic med scans after all they had been through. That coukd have been the medical side of his brain talking though rather than the Jedi or more importantly the little brother. He would let her get away with it, this time.

As she handed him the other half of his saber Marck considered letting her keep it for now, after all who knows what was going to be in his ship, but he no longer sensed any danger. "Thank you," he said simply before clipping it onto his belt to join it's companion.

After boarding the ship and doing a quick inspection Marck returned to the main lounge, heading to the kitchen and openning a cupboard he very rarly opened. "It doesn't look like he took anything or opened any of the panels." he said openning a cryosealed package of stimcsfe and putting it into despensor to make them both a cup. Within seconds the machine started to make a bubbling sound and filled the room with the aroma of stimcsfe. He just hoped he had rmemeber to pick up the right blend, he wasn't as good as Spark was at making the stuff but the lease he coukd get right was bringing her favorite.

Spark Vallen

Stimcaf Aficionado
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
She moved with a slight limp after both legs being numbed, but she could manage. Spark was glad to sit down in the relative comfort of Marck's ship and sighed with pleasure at the aroma of stimcaf brewing. While he searched his ship, she checked in with Jaq to ensure that the rescuees were all doing okay and were comfortable. Glad they were doing okay for the time being, she looked back to her brother.

"The crewers are doing okay, Jaq says," Spark reported. "So, what did that Sith Lord want with your ship then? And, what's your next move?"

Marck Vallen

Jedi Master
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
After pouring them both a cup of stimcafe, Marck checked the fridge for anything good to eat and decided to pull out a small tray of Noobian fudge he had been saving. Moving to join Spark at the table Marck set the treats and drinks down and sank into the comfortable seat with a sigh. While Marck didn't need many comforts for himself, he had gone a little extra in making sure his ship was a good home as well as a vessel, he wanted anyone who joined him to be comfortable and in this moment his sore body was happy he had went the extra mile.

"I'm glad they are safe and being taken care of, please give Jaq my thanks." Marck said before taking a sip of the stimcsfe, being comforted by the hot liquid as it seemed his body.

Marck took a moment to think about everything that had happened today and all the moves the Sith had made before today and it didn't make sense. "I don't know what he wanted, the whole thing is confusing. He attacked Jedi ships to steal cargo and crew but then blows everything up. He made sure that enough people died that a Jedi Master would have to be sent, but chose to run and distract rather than engage. Even at the ship he seemed more like he was trying to distract and delay than actually kill us, and I don't really have anything of value aboard my ship. It just doesn't add up." Taking another sip of his drink Marck grabbed a small peice of fudge and took a bite thinking.

"I guess I'm going to have to stay here for awhile and have someone check my ship for sabotage and when I get back to Naboo have everything checked over to see if he took something I missed." Marck said feeling a little frustrated, if only he could figure out what was going on maybe he could stop the Sith before anyone else died. "Not much else to be done until then, but I saw him and I will track him down."

Spark Vallen

Stimcaf Aficionado
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
Sipping her caf, she listened as Marck went over the details. She didn't interrupt, musing on the circumstances as well.

"I can help you get an impartial mechanic or ship expert to look her over," Spark offered. "I've made some good contacts with customers at the bakery. I know one or two would be able to help you out."

She leaned deeper into the chair, sighing. Her body was starting to ache now from all of the exertion that being a Jedi required. It was very much unlike baking.

"Maybe some of those crewers we rescued will have learned something useful while in captivity. It's worth talking to them, anyway."

Marck Vallen

Jedi Master
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
Marck nodded as he took another drink before looking over at her with a small smile. "Thank you, I appreciate that. And your right I will debrief the crews before they return to Naboo, maybe I can find a trail to follow." Reaching over Marck pulled out a small medical scanner and quietly ran a general test on them both, he could heal almost any damage to his and Spark's bodies with the Force, but wanted to make sure they didn't need that much intervention. Satisfied they would both recover quickly Marck out the device down.

"So..." Marck started look back to his Sister. "Do you want to talk about it?" Marck asked knowing she would deflect and try to change the subject, but he hoped to talk about why she was a baker rather than a Jedi.

Spark Vallen

Stimcaf Aficionado
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
Spark narrowed her eyes at her brother over the rim of her mug, then took a deliberately long sip of caf.

"I told you. Ethan." She shrugged and looked askance. "Losing him to the Darkside took a toll on he and I both. I know I successfully trained many other Jedi, including you, before Ethan. But, knowing that I failed him affected me deeply. It's better to walk away rather than fail anyone else and endure Jedi politics and policy."

And, rebuttal in three, two, one-- she thought.

Marck Vallen

Jedi Master
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
"Yes you did," Marck said giving her the exact same look back that they both had spent years perfecting with each other. In this conversation they were not Jedi or baker, he intended to talk as siblings. "And we both know you didn't expect me to remain quiet on the subject forever, did you?" He hoped he was being firm yet kind, he wanted his Sister back for sure but he also wanted her to be happy. He knew how much she was hurting and thought maybe talking would help her at the very least.

When she was done talking Marck raised an eyebrow at her reasoning but didn't say anything at first. In the old days Spark wouldn't have allowed anyone to get away with reasoning like that at all, even herself. Ethan had done more damage to her than he thought. He rolled his eyes at her when her thoughts slipped passed his walls into his mind, Spark was much harder for him to block out than others.

"I'm here for you always Spark, but walking away..." Marck stopped himself from going into Jedi Master mode. She obviously didn't want him to be the one to lecture her, even if she needed it. "What would you have told me if I had come to you saying what you had just said?"

Spark Vallen

Stimcaf Aficionado
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
Spark rested her chin in an open palm and regarded her with some amusement.

"That the Force works in mysterious ways, dear brother... and who is to say I am not following its will now?" she replied smoothly.

It would definitely not be the answer Marck was looking for nor the particular truth he was expecting her to voice. But, she thought that it was a valid point too. She eyed him steadily.

Marck Vallen

Jedi Master
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
Marck had to take another drink from his cup to stop himself from scowling at her reply. She was being evasive and playing word games rather than opening with him, which ask her right and Marck had to remind himself of that. He wanted her to come back to the Jedi, but more than that he could feel her pain and wanted to make things better. If she needed to be back on Corellia as a baker to do that, so be it he would support her, although not how she expected.

"Well only you know where the Force is guiding you, so I will respect that." Taking another bite of his fudge Marck allowed a mischievous grin and sparkle in his eyes to shine through. He had a thought and was looking forward to her reaction. "However the Jedi can't afford to lose such a skilled and experienced teacher as yourself. Since I'm on the Council now, maybe I can arrange to have a group of younglings to come here to learn in your bakery. Four or five at a time, nothing to large, the Force knows they can learn from your rolling pin techniques."

Spark Vallen

Stimcaf Aficionado
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
Spark eyed her brother shrewdly for several long moments. She knew he was trying to bait her, trying to get a reaction, or even weasel his way into talking her back to the Order. She chuckled and shrugged.

"Sure, why not. It could only help the temple's mess hall experience if some of the Jedi on duty learned to cook or bake better," she said wryly. "Might help Padawans to also learn there are other ways of being a good sentient besides using the Force for everything. Hands-on work is good for the soul. And society."

Marck Vallen

Jedi Master
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
"Well the food could always be better," Marck agreed, even if he knew she was being cheeky. The temple food wasn't that bad to be honest, well when he had time to eat at the Temple anyways, but it could always use some improvement. Still if it meant Spark was teaching students so be it, maybe she would learn she wasn't at fault of Ethan's fall to darkness.

"Sounds good, when I get back to Naboo I'll find you some students to teach, you can start with cooking and baking. Please remember though they are future Jedi, and learning the Force is important too." He said wondering how he was going to get this approved but figured it couldn't hurt. It was a better plan than picking up the bakery, Jaq, and Spark with the Force and moving them all to Naboo.

Status
Not open for further replies.