The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Best Horror Movies?

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
What are some of the ones you love?

Rogue Steiner

The Old Man
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Alien and Aliens. I actually enjoyed the new Halloween too. Scream series is more thriller than horror, but yeah, like that one too.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I love Scream! The new Halloween was fun.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Scream is my favorite slasher. If we're talking sci fi horror I'm partial to John Carpenter's The Thing, or A Quiet Place.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I liked The Thing. The original one is my favorite. My grandpa saw it in theaters and it scared him.

The Ring scared me

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I wonder if they will go with the story that it can change forms? The original never did that but the remake did.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I wonder if they will go with the story that it can change forms? The original never did that but the remake did.
It sounds like the source material is going to be an unpublished novelization of the original short story. But i've read neither.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I've never been into Horror movies. Normally I have no problem with my imagination or immersing myself in a book or film, but with horror movies, the minute it gets close to grabbing me I'm like, "Dude, I'm sat in my lounge/cinema, there is literally nothing terrifying or scary about a screen". I don't know what it is. I can be sat there with a screaming audience watching through gaps in their fingers and be like, "Meh".

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I've never been into Horror movies. Normally I have no problem with my imagination or immersing myself in a book or film, but with horror movies, the minute it gets close to grabbing me I'm like, "Dude, I'm sat in my lounge/cinema, there is literally nothing terrifying or scary about a screen". I don't know what it is. I can be sat there with a screaming audience watching through gaps in their fingers and be like, "Meh".
I’m the exact opposite. I can see a preview of a scary movie and be terrified for weeks. They keep me up at night

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction

Some people identify as being primarily "horror fans." I often find myself enjoying good horror, but I don't think about it everyday as if it were my "main thing." In generally, I really don't divide my movie watching up like that. If something appeals to me, it appeals to me... maybe its a horror film, maybe its a freaking rom-com. A good movie is a good movie, regardless of genera.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I tend to agree, I've just yet to find a horror that has got me on edge, which tends to be the point. I didn't mind Scream but I genuinely watched it thinking it was a comedy.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I tend to agree, I've just yet to find a horror that has got me on edge, which tends to be the point. I didn't mind Scream but I genuinely watched it thinking it was a comedy.
What made Scream unique when it was released was that it was self conscious and critical of what had happened to the horror movie genera by the mid 90's. It was comedy... or rather parody.... in a sense. And that is why it was great. The funny thing is, it would inspire another generation of copycat films. By the time that Scream 4 came out the younger generation didn't even get the joke.

D

Darth Rakos

For more modern VVitch is a good atmospheric Horror movie. That and I enjoy the more historical setting of the film.

As for sci-fi horror the Aliens series is must in my book. Also Pitch Black and Riddick though pitch black leans more towards horror and riddick more towards action. You can however skip chronicles of riddick. Thing is also another great sci-fi horror.

Comedy horror I recommend shawn of the dead or slither. Also the piranha franchise.

Also the orginal Jaws is a good classic.

For Slasher I go with Friday the thirteenth the first two most definitely.

Others Signs but only once its scares are meh after the first viewing.

There are probably a ton more I could get into like invasion of the body snatchers all of them. The day the earth stood still and war of the worlds.

Marina deVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Under the Skin. It left an impression on me for like 2 weeks.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
For more modern VVitch is a good atmospheric Horror movie. That and I enjoy the more historical setting of the film.

As for sci-fi horror the Aliens series is must in my book. Also Pitch Black and Riddick though pitch black leans more towards horror and riddick more towards action. You can however skip chronicles of riddick. Thing is also another great sci-fi horror.

Comedy horror I recommend shawn of the dead or slither. Also the piranha franchise.

Also the orginal Jaws is a good classic.

For Slasher I go with Friday the thirteenth the first two most definitely.

Others Signs but only once its scares are meh after the first viewing.

There are probably a ton more I could get into like invasion of the body snatchers all of them. The day the earth stood still and war of the worlds.
I liked VVitch. That talking goat was freaky