The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Calling other Jedi

Kinu Oja

Master Historian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I'd like to write a thread in which we search for Star Gates and Star Temples that may still exist from the Kwa. Any one interested please reply here.

Han Skywalker

Gray Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
There shall be no Snake Heads here, Sir. /vague Stargate SG1 reference

Kinu Oja

Master Historian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I wasn't saying we'd actually find it, but it would be worth an investigation by the Jedi if there was such a thing as Infinity Gates. For all intents and purposes they could just be legend and not actually exist.

Hawk Hinata

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Finding them would be fine, but we'd have to end up destroying them.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Nice idea and a perfect mission for the Jedi Historian. I agree with Hawk that they should ultimately wind up being destroyed if they are to be found.

That said, there's nothing stopping us having a bit of fun with them before their destruction. I'd be interested in this.

Kinu Oja

Master Historian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Is there any specific reason as to why they'd have to be destroyed instead of catalogued, studied and protected?

Hawk Hinata

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
In general advanced tech and superweapons are not allowed to exist at TGC except for the purposes of specific rps, so they must either be rendered inoperable or be destroyed by the end of the rp. Its to maintain balance in the galaxy and not allow factions to claim dominance because of x, y or z tech or superweapon.

Kinu Oja

Master Historian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Even in the Canon/EU no faction has been able to dominate due to the existence of super weapons and advanced tech but if that's the rules I suppose we can stick to them.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
To be honest, I don't think it would be a major problem if they remained in existence, but what would be against the rules is the use of infinity waves to destroy planets or ships or people etc. At least, without another player's consent.

Marck Vallen

Jedi Master
Staff member
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I have no problem with the gates staying around for multiple RP's and plot lines. However they would no be allowed in a takeover RP and would have to be unavailable for those RP's as Super weapons are not allowed.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Yep, as with anything, as long as everyone is sensible then there isn't a problem. Back in the day we were all 13 and wanted to win as much or more than having fun, hopefully we're all big and ugly enough these days to appreciate the story more than the outcome.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
They're from a Dark Horse Comics series, so it depends what you consider "canon".

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I wasn't saying we'd actually find it, but it would be worth an investigation by the Jedi if there was such a thing as Infinity Gates. For all intents and purposes they could just be legend and not actually exist.
Dathomir apparently has one amongst other ruins.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Good luck finding it without those freaks on Dathomir busting your balls.

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
If you find one, I’ll buy it from you. You’ll receive a fair price.

Kinu Oja

Master Historian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
They're from a Dark Horse Comics series, so it depends what you consider "canon".
Well I actually enjoy the EU and found a way to explain some of the inconsistencies that appear because of its existence but I was referring in general to the movies as "Canon." The Death Star was a super weapon and unable to be used to completely dominate the universe. Like with every other super weapon the defending team normally figures a way to incapacitate and/or destroy it.

Dathomir apparently has one amongst other ruins.
Yes but according to the known sources that one is actually destroyed so as the leader of the expedition I'd probably look elsewhere to begin with instead of marching into the hornets nest when the known data is it's actually already inoperable....unless you were thinking of repairing it for RP purposes?

Don't we have the right to protect our property from outsiders?
Yes you do even though it is decimated unless you were thinking of changing that. There's other locations that supposedly have them as well though.