The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Invite Only Come back baby, just find me one more time (Kamon) - COMPLETE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark Vallen

Caffeinated Corellian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Spark followed Kamon downstairs and took in the vibe of "The Joint." Earthy, masculine, tired. And, she seemed to draw a bit of attention even in her non-descript, unisex jumpsuit.

Must be the braids. I knew they were too extravagant, she thought, amused.

Her attention tipped back toward Kamon as she heard her name. she smiled at Gries' wink.

A special lady, huh?

"Do you bring many special ladies here for garsmelt?" Spark teased Kamon.

Kamon Vondiranach

Rogue Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
"I've never brought anyone here before. Thats why Gries said youre special," he said, waving the barkeep over.

Kamon hadn't ever taken anyone anywhere on Corellia as far as he could remember. Not Nesrin or Kith and certainly not Alana. So no, he hadn't brought other women there. He never would. Spark was the first and she would be the last as well. Gries sidled up to them and lofted his brow.

"Eel for Kamon is my guess," Gries said.

"Quit eavesdropping. It's not polite."

"Sorry. What can I get your lady Spark?"

@Spark Vallen

Spark Vallen

Caffeinated Corellian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Spark smiled, watching Kamon when he replied.

"Garsmelt for the not-usually-ladylike Spark," she said with a chuckle. "Please."

And with that, she turned slightly to casually watch the other patrons. She didn't study any one person in particular, taking care to not stare or really provide the opportunity to make eye contact. Of course, in those moments when it happened, she just offered a polite nod or smile and watched as it was returned. Because she was unfazed by the clientele, they seemed to instinctively pick up her vibe and remain well-behaved. Perhaps coming in with Kamon had something to do with that too.

Kamon Vondiranach

Rogue Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
She ordered the garsmelt, which sort of confirmed a little suspicion that he had. Sorta because she could have been oblivious to the romantic properties of seafood. It was sometimes hard to say with Spark. Of course he found that nature endearing. There was a lot to be said for someone who could take life so calmly. He had never been like that. Everything had always been serious or important and he couldnt take the time to relax. Now, with her, maybe things could change for him. Maybe he could actually settle down for once. Maybe he would have a life that wasnt full of killing.

They didn't have to wait long. The benefits of modern cooking was that it was done in a jiffy. Kept the customers happy, too.

"Order up," Gries said, setting their to go containers down. "Treat her right, Kamon."

"I fully intend to, Gries," he said, picking up their containers. "Let's head to the speeder, Spark. Ive got somewhere important to take you."

Fortunately, when they left, they found the speeder where they left it. Another perk of going to a place frequented by CorSec. There was safety in picking the right place.

Spark Vallen

Caffeinated Corellian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Oblivious to whatever it was Kamon had mused about dinner choices, Spark walked back to the 'speeder thinking, Romantic takeout? Where are we headed next, I wonder?

"Where is this important place?" Spark asked, curiously.

She settled into the passenger seat, offering to hold the takeout boxes.

Kamon Vondiranach

Rogue Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
"A short distance from here," he assured her, grateful she wished to hold the takeout because he doubted the speeder had anywhere to store it.

Hopping into the drivers seat, he started it up and they took off again. Skirting through the city streets was easier as more and more people headed home for the night. Of course he took her past the best sights, like the Crystal Fountain, for which their timing was excellent as it went off when they went past. That had been entirely unplanned on his part, but he wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

It wasn't long before they actually left the city altogether. They zoomed down a main thoroughfare before he turned off and took them across the countryside proper, chasing a small herd of nerfs out of their way as they did. They approached a more hilly area with mountains in the distance and he drove them up to the top of one of them before coming to a stop. In front of them was not much but a hill, and the foundations of an old house. Below the hill was a small lake, glistening in purples and oranges with the light slowly fading.

"I've never brought anyone here before," he said as he looked at the foundations of the house. "This is where I grew up before my family was split. Now I own it. What happened here was not peaceful, but I find it peaceful now, and it has a beautiful view of the stars at night."

Spark Vallen

Caffeinated Corellian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Naboo was beautiful, but Spark often wished the Jedi Order's home was here on her home, on Corellia. At being back, she felt a homesickness that she wasn't previously aware that she'd felt. It was good to be back in the cities, and roving across open lands that were so familiar.

She listened in silence as Kamon spoke, her gaze drifting from his profile to take in the foundation and then scenery beyond. Lips pursed, Spark was careful with her senses, not wanting to pry into what was "not peaceful" about the land and Vondiranach's family's history without consent. If Kamon wished to speak on it she'd leave that to him; she didn't sense that was his intention in bringing her here anyway.

"It is beautiful..." she agreed. "Thank you for sharing this with me."

Kamon Vondiranach

Rogue Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
He climbed out of the speeder and walked to a spot where he could stand on a bit of the foundation and look out at the mountains beyond.

"Ever since I inherited this land I've avoided it. Until recently," he said before stepping down and removing his jacket.

He found a bit of undisturbed grass and laid his jacket down before sitting cross-legged beside it and motioning for her to join him. There had been enough dwelling on the past that day and he was more interested in the future. It was high time he finally realize his vision for the place rather than leave it not but an empty hill with some ruins upon it. What purpose did it serve? His father wasn't buried there, his mother and siblings had survived, so why let a place with such memories linger?

"I intend to build a house here with my own hands. It will take some time, but I want to have a home here, one that can be full of laughter and the patter of children's feet across the wood floor. Swimming in the lake below. Corellia is home, and even if I come back to the order, this will still be my home. I've never had a reason to realize this vision until you came. I'd love it if you would realize it with me."

@Spark Vallen

Spark Vallen

Caffeinated Corellian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Spark followed and sat down beside him, setting the takeout boxes in front of them, also side-by-side.

She swallowed hard, hearing Kamon speak, and visualize a future for them. Her mind and heart raced at the quickness of this, but also because the vision he presented felt right. And, whether this happened right away, or in the distant future, it was something hopeful to work toward. Spark left a long pause between Kamon's inquiry and her response, working her words through her mind before daring to open her mouth; she didn't want to babble (like usual) and was trying hard to be coherent.

"I... can see the future you offer. And I like it," she said slowly, smiling. "I would love to realize it with you."

Kamon Vondiranach

Rogue Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
"Then we shall," he said, smiling as he reached over and gave her arm a squeeze. "But first we should eat before I food gets cold."

He picked up his box and opened it up. Eel wasn't the most appetizing sounding meal to most people, but he found he rather liked it. Perhaps it was his acquired local pallet. Regardless, he was certain he'd made the right choice as soon as he took the first bite. Not only was it delicious, but seafood was a powerful endorphin booster and, quite often, an aphrodisiac. Not that he needed it when it came to Spark. She was a sight to behold, even in that goofy jumpsuit she was wearing. Or maybe because of the goofy jumpsuit. She always was a quirky one.

"If it's alright with you, I thought we'd spend the night here under the stars. Weather is supposed to be clear, so we should be fine, and I can make it so no one will stumble across us."

@Spark Vallen

Spark Vallen

Caffeinated Corellian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Spark smiled and opened up her takeout box. She was relieved to find the garsmelt and pasta was not seasoned with anything too strong. Clueless though she was about a lot of social and romantic cues, even Spark knew that something too strong would be a bad idea on what had quickly become their first date. And, the fish was good too.

She smiled at Kamon for his suggestion of camping out on his family's land. Of course, as a Jedi, she was no stranger to sleeping in "interesting" places, and this was mild on that scale to be sure. And of course, on missions with fellow Jedi and even soldiers, Spark had stayed in mixed company and things had been fine.

But this is different, she thought. And moving quickly.

Of course, she blushed in the waning sunlight.

"That sounds... nice," Spark squeaked.

Then, embarrassed at how her voice cracked when nerves creeped through, she laughed and coughed, trying to clear her throat.

Kamon Vondiranach

Rogue Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Was he rushing things? He didn't think he was. Given what the two had seen inside of each others minds, it seemed like they knew everything about each other already, and that this was just a long time in coming. First date though it may have been, he felt as if they'd been on a hundred others with all he'd seen. This was destiny for them. He was certain of it. Well, destiny as far as the Force's version of it went. All his past failures had been because he was supposed to be with Spark, not with them, and he'd just been too blind to her affections to understand that. Too blind in his own belief that she was too good for him and unable to realize that said belief might mean they were perfect for each other.

And of course he laughed a little at her squeaky voice and cover up attempt.

"It's okay to be nervous, Spark," he said as he mixed his food up a little. "You aren't the only one who is."

Yeah, he was a bit nervous. The situation warranted it. What she'd said about wanting that future together made him nervous, too. He was afraid to ruin it.

"The nerves will go away for both of us after a while, I think. Especially since this is what's meant to be."

@Spark Vallen

Spark Vallen

Caffeinated Corellian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Spark looked at him curiously.

"You're... nervous?" she asked, clearly surprised. "You never show it, as confident and self-assured as you seem."

And that was why Spark had never tried to pursue Kamon in all the years they'd known each other, besides not exactly knowing how to do that. Roguish or not, Kamon had always seemed like the confident Old Republic-era Jedi she'd studied, bold and assertive, and always so certain in his decisions. It was undeniably attractive, she thought, but also intimidating... especially for someone with a reputation for getting lost on even simple flights.

Kamon Vondiranach

Rogue Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
"Everyone gets nervous, even if they say they don't," he assured her before taking another bite of his meal and setting it aside.

To be honest he wasn't that hungry for food, but he was also far more interested in their conversation. Thus, he turned so that he was facing her, and admired her from up close as he did so. Yes, he felt nervous about the whole situation, predominantly because it was impossible to know her reactions despite knowing how she felt about him. Undoubtedly that was the same reason she felt nervous. It was that which always created nervousness between two people, the never knowing. Shy people, the types who had a hard time talking to people, were shy because they couldn't get over the nervousness surrounding not knowing how people would respond to them. Crippling shyness was really just the same as being crippled by nerves and doubt.

"The trick is to learn to not let it control you. Pushing it aside in favor of getting things done. Being bold instead of being shy is nothing more than realizing there are usually only two outcomes: positive or negative. There could be numerous types of each, but if you accept that the outcome will be one or the other, it's easier to go with the flow and move past whichever outcome it is."

He reached out a hand and tucked a loose piece of her hair back behind her ear.

"For example, I used to always believe you were too good for me, that I didn't deserve you. But that wasn't right of me to believe as it didn't allow you or I the chance at something else. I accepted that earlier when I turned around and kissed you. When you responded, it was a positive outcome. Had you pushed away, I would have accepted it. Be bold, Spark. We're alone and you know how I feel about you. Push past your nervousness, and take control of it. Everything you want is yours, you need only reach out and grab it."

@Spark Vallen

Spark Vallen

Caffeinated Corellian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Spark thought, If this were some romantic holodrama, THIS would be the moment the heroine "grabs" what she wants, and pounces the guy, leading to wild, passionate love-making... but, this is me, who is way too nervous for that. My luck, I'd head-butt him on accident and give us concussions out here in the middle of nowhere.

She laughed to herself, aloud, then looked stricken at Kamon.

"I-- I wasn't laughing at you! Oh Force help me," she said, speaking rapidly. "It's just that I had a thought, and my mind ran with it, and what I was thinking wasn't really funny, but it made me laugh. Nerves, you know! And, you wouldn't know that I was playing out this whole scene in my head and would think--"

Kamon Vondiranach

Rogue Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Too soon.

Probably should have expected it, and in a way he did, because he was already ready to take matters into his own hands when she got caught up in over-thinking it. She was too cute. She was always too cute.

He cut her off, of course, by reaching over, grabbing her shoulders, and pulling her to him to kiss her. Its what hed wanted her to do, but he was happy to do it. Even if she did headbutt him he would go along with it because he loved her. Yes, loved. This was all as it should be, as it should hav3 been years ago, but the Force needed them to experience things before they experienced each other. Now they had the chance to do that.

@Spark Vallen

Spark Vallen

Caffeinated Corellian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Cutting her off in mid-sentence, Spark went from a muffled word to a surprised moan, before falling quiet (at last!) as she kissed Kamon back.

This wasn't her first time being with someone, though it was hard to tell as awkward as she behaved. It took several seconds of flapping her arms at her sides before deciding that she could in fact cup Kamon's face in her hands, feeling his stubble against her fingers, as she deepened the kiss.

Kamon Vondiranach

Rogue Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
And kiss they did. Deeply. She cupped his face eventually and tongues were twined as he gently pushed her back intk the grass. They were hidden. Someone could stand atop them and never even know they were there. All they had was the grass, a gentle breeze and the stars. It was a perfect night, and a perfect place and two lovers finally found themselves after years of missing their marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.