The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Coming soon: The Naboo Times

Dacre Hannity

Editor of The Naboo Times
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Morning all,

Just for a bit of fun, and inspired by Holly Startstorm bringing journalism into TGC Galaxy, I've created Dacre Hannity (two surnames from dickheads of journalism in the UK and the US respectively), Editor of the newly-created Naboo Times!

Every couple of weeks, or more often if I get the inclination, I'll post up an edition of the newspaper. The backstory is that the circulation is secretly funded by Sith and Imperial friendly sources so adopts a hyper-critical and often ludicrous line on the latest activities of the Jedi and New Republic.

First edition is coming soon...

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
I like this guy. Brody Royce, businessman band advocate of transparency within the Jedi. For too long they have exacted war on others using their magical powers to bend the will of lesser governments. They need to be exposed

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
You sound like feature material for Edition #2
I’ll have my assistant Vanessa, give you a call. I do hope you caught my speech at the auditorium that I beamed galaxy wide about the Jedi.

I knew it caught their attention when the Republic sent a special forces unit to silence me

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
This is really cool.

You should consider evolving over time. Create a website/blog, and maybe progress it into audio/video some day.

Dacre Hannity

Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Interesting. I know naff all about audio and video but could knock up a website. I'll see how it pans out.

It was the Holly Startstorm and J Jonah Jameson accounts on here that gave me the idea.

Thelle Tamme

The Arbiter
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Sith Eternal
Yeeees. Good ::3 maybe he could do a report on rising tensions between the Tamme Coalition and the Balawai government overseeing Haruun Kal? It shoild be friendly towaeds the Tamme Coalition as they're affiliated with my former Jedi battlemaster and current archbishop of war, though calling any one Balawai a Balawai is a slur. It basically means "outsider"

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
Yeeees. Good ::3 maybe he could do a report on rising tensions between the Tamme Coalition and the Balawai government overseeing Haruun Kal? It shoild be friendly towaeds the Tamme Coalition as they're affiliated with my former Jedi battlemaster and current archbishop of war, though calling any one Balawai a Balawai is a slur. It basically means "outsider"
I’m sure with the right amount of funding you’ll get a positive article

Dacre Hannity

Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Our journalistic standards are of the highest order. That said, I do have a private line to discuss quid quo pro arrangements with any potential donors...

Also, if any murky character wants to jump in and assume the role of secret funder then I'm game, I deliberately left the role open for someone to take on at some point.

Sloan Saniss

ISB Spec Ops
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
And don’t worry about your security Mr Hannity, I’ll see to it you have what you need to live on Naboo, safe from Jedi intervention

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I love it! Holly is one of my favorite characters

Sarraka Jungreel

Republic Intelligence
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Republic
Republic intelligence?
That’s and Oxymoron
This coming from the organization that had the greatest military might the galaxy has even known and lost power after only 20 years to a rag tag band of under funded, under supported, and out matched, rebels...

Sloan Saniss

ISB Spec Ops
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
This coming from the organization that had the greatest military might the galaxy has even known and lost power after only 20 years to a rag tag band of under funded, under supported, and out matched, rebels...
Not our fault Vader got all weepy over his pussy arsed son and threw the emperor down a big hole

Sarraka Jungreel

Republic Intelligence
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Republic
Not our fault Vader got all weepy over his pussy arsed son and threw the emperor down a big hole
It wash your fault, you couldn't survive the death of two individuals... all that power and poof! Now you hold on to the sad memories of what was...