The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

DnD 5e

Hwo

Jedi Exile
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Does anyone here play Dungeons & Dragons? It always interested me growing up, but I did not have any friends that played. That's probably why I ended up on SWFans/TGC and playing games like The Fourth Coming. During lockdown, I purchased the starter kit and a few books to get started -- Player's Handbook, DM book, Monsters book, and Xanathar's. I have found some friends that are interested, but so far it has been hard to get things set up to play.

I have created a few characters that I am ready to try out. I had originally decided on a melee fighter, but I later restructured him as a vengeance paladin. Whether he is two-handed greatsword or sword and board depends on the rest of my party. But if there is someone else to tank, I would really prefer to play an arcane archer. I have historically preferred playing archers in RPGs like The Fourth Coming and dungeon crawlers like Diablo I/II/III. There is just something about the ability to do high amounts of ranged damage that always attracted me -- especially when I could kite a creature to place it couldn't pass, like a river in a game where you can't walk across water, and take it out from a safe position. I have never really enjoyed playing characters who rely primarily on magic attacks like sorcerers, wizards, etc.

Last edited:

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
My fiancé plays online in a Discord group

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I play D&D 5e Adventure League on Discord with 2 different groups, Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny with 2 different Discord groups, and about finished with my own World of Darkness rp forum.

Most of my experience playing D&D is not being the main tank; I usually play Rogue, Sorcerer, Druid, Monk, or Combination of what was mentioned before.

dndcharacters.png

Last edited:

Hwo

Jedi Exile
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
@Adira Ventress what platform are you using for your character profiles that you have screenshotted? Is that DnD Beyond?

DnD Beyond seemed great at first, but then I realized most of what I need after level 1 is inaccessible unless I purchase content from them. I purchased hard copies of all the materials, so I didn't want to spend another $100+ repurchasing digital copies of the same materials.

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
@Adira Ventress what platform are you using for your character profiles that you have screenshotted? Is that DnD Beyond?

DnD Beyond seemed great at first, but then I realized most of what I need after level 1 is inaccessible unless I purchase content from them. I purchased hard copies of all the materials, so I didn't want to spend another $100+ repurchasing digital copies of the same materials.
Yes, all my content is on DnD Beyond and my adventure log is on another site to keep track of everything else.