The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Fans Rallying for a 'Solo' Sequel

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Solo was a ton of fun and didn't deserve the bad wrap it got, which was largely caused by outside circumstances. I for one would love to see it continue in some way, either a movie or show.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I haven’t seen it. Wasn’t really interested in it. I heard that people were upset because they made it where the ship basically does everything and Han isn’t a good pilot?

Spark Vallen

Caffeinated Corellian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I haven’t seen it. Wasn’t really interested in it. I heard that people were upset because they made it where the ship basically does everything and Han isn’t a good pilot?
It kind of plays on 3PO having talked about the Falcon's computer having a "peculiar dialect" and wondering where it learned to communicate. The computer gets its own backstory, basically, for why it is the way it is. I thought it was an interesting touch.

I liked the movie, but - for me - it was hard to see that as Han. I thought Lando's actor acted like Lando... but I didn't get so much of a "Han" vibe from young Han.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
It kind of plays on 3PO having talked about the Falcon's computer having a "peculiar dialect" and wondering where it learned to communicate. The computer gets its own backstory, basically, for why it is the way it is. I thought it was an interesting touch.

I liked the movie, but - for me - it was hard to see that as Han. I thought Lando's actor acted like Lando... but I didn't get so much of a "Han" vibe from young Han.
hmm I do like that they went back to explain that part.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I've only seen it once and am always reluctant to judge after a single viewing, but it certainly wasn't memorable as I remember barely anything from it!

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I've only seen it once and am always reluctant to judge after a single viewing, but it certainly wasn't memorable as I remember barely anything from it!
Give it another shot. Forget for a moment that its Star Wars or Han Solo. Then it becomes a fun romp through space.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Give it another shot. Forget for a moment that its Star Wars or Han Solo. Then it becomes a fun romp through space.
I'm slowly going through the films with the kids in order. Revenge of the Sith next, so Solo then Rogue One will follow.

They've seen every film bar Solo, Rogue One, The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker. They wanted to go straight to The Last Jedi but I'm making them earn it. Plus, I want to watch them all in order.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I need to do a rewatch soon myself. I finally have a blu-ray copy of Rise of Skywalker coming in the mail to complete the collection.

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Ugh, I would skip the trash fire known as the Disney Trilogy as its probably going to be ignored canon in the future much like the planet Pluto.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Hmmm, I actually wouldn't mind seeing this.

Also, and bear in mind I haven't seen the final two episodes of Mandalorian yet, perhaps its success might fuel this, as a reset could open up characters from Mandalorian featuring in new movies somehow?

Without a reset, doesn't Baby Yoda have to die?

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Ugh, I would skip the trash fire known as the Disney Trilogy as its probably going to be ignored canon
Rumors, nothing more. Disney has made a killing on all of its Star Wars films save for Solo. Fan opinion and the financial reality of making movies don't have that much to do with one another.

Also, we're talking about Solo.... not part of the sequel trilogy.

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Also, we're talking about Solo.... not part of the sequel trilogy.
Alright want to talk Solo? Okay, I will put it straight out there. There isn't going to be any sequel. There's no money in it.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I've not been paying attention, I had no idea it was such a bad Box Office performer. I suspect you're right, if there's no money in it Disney won't go for it.

Which is precisely the reason I think a reboot is possible, there would be money in another Disney trilogy that could not only find a way to bring back Mark Hammil and Harrison Ford but also shoehorn in aspects of the hugely popular Mandalorian series. The Marvel Multiverse meets Star Wars. Hell, let's not kids ourselves, I'd be amazed that if at some point in my lifetime there isn't a film that features both lightsabers and Iron Man.

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Well, we already have Capcom Vs. Marvel and Mortal Kombat Vs. DC so I can see a possible crossover. Heck, they put Yoda and Vader on Soul Caliber. As long as they respect the characters, the fans will follow.

Marina deVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
I saw 'Solo' because it was SW, like the Ewok Adventure tv movie specials.
No plans on revisiting 'Solo'. I wasn't inspired one bit. Loved Rouge One though and put it as great as the original trilogy, despite some silly editing scene mistakes. But as a whole it was awesome.

Anywho, will see the 'Solo sequel' for the same reason that I had to see the first 'Solo'.