The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Here, there, and everywhere

Caleb Torran

Bladedancer
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Hello hello, formally announcing myself. Been lurking around for a few days, saw the shiny new board, good stuff Ceel.

And it's always great to see familiar faces still kicking about. :D

K

Katarine Ryiah

Welcome!! It’s so good to see you. Ceel doesn’t own TGC anymore but he is still visiting us from time to time.

what have you been up to?

Caleb Torran

Bladedancer
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I've been good, was in the middle of a move between cities when the whole quarantine hit. Alas, now I'm not moving anywhere fast anytime soon.

How's you been Kat?

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I've been good, was in the middle of a move between cities when the whole quarantine hit. Alas, now I'm not moving anywhere fast anytime soon.

How's you been Kat?
wow small world. We were moving too! Luckily we got settled and everything. Where did you move to?

Caleb Torran

Bladedancer
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
So I live in New Delhi, which is in north India and I'm moving to Bombay, which is a little south of central India. I'm still in the middle of the move though. caught got on the wrong side. Right now everything's in lockdown here.

Marck Vallen

Jedi Master
Staff member
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Be safe and don't break quarantine I've seen the videos of people in India getting hit with sticks for not obeying the quarantine order.

Caleb Torran

Bladedancer
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Be safe and don't break quarantine I've seen the videos of people in India getting hit with sticks for not obeying the quarantine order.

Yeah it's pretty crazy, but it's also mostly because people are scared and our government is led by an authoritarian jackass with a God complex. We got like a four hours notice before lockdown and a lot of India's population is transient, like our labour force migrates to where the work is and during off season they go home to their towns and villages, so they usually don't have too much saved up on them. A lockdown like this can be terrifying for someone who does not have the necessary food and supplies saved up.

I'm staying at home of course, I was home to visit my parents for the festival of Holi and decided not to move around until the situation improved, a week later the lockdown was announced so moving now is out of the question.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
They really needed to give more of a warning

Koga

Lady Incendia - Sith Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Hello! *snuggles and dances around*

Kane E Smart

Mandalorian, Beskar Pirate
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Underworld
I suspect that the real world "social distancing" (which should actually be called physical distancing) is bringing people back this way.
Yes, hit the nail on the head. It’s physical distancing