The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

How do you watch content?

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
On your phone? Tv? Cable? Steaming?

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Generally on the TV and the majority of the time streaming via Netflix, Amazon Prime or BBC Iplayer. I did have a phase of streaming Netflix onto my phone whilst sat on the loo at work but since we've moved offices the design of the toilets means you cannot do this without being detected! Foiled!

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I have Netflix and Hulu and Disney +. We don’t have cable or anything.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
For professional content - there is no place better than the movie theater. Next best is in front of my TV. Usually that means blu-ray or cable.

I did finally bite the bullet recently and got a Roku. I subscribed to the Disney + / Hulu / ESPN package, but I won't be renewing it until the content improves. I quickly became bored with both, and don't really care to try and explore a bunch of free channels. I may give Netflix a whirl sometime, but I haven't used it in several years since I used to use an ex girlfriend's account back in the days when streaming was still pretty new.

For amateur content its got to be youtube. As I spend a lot of time in front of my PC that is where I watch most of it, though I do use my cell phone when I leave the room. When I leave the house I intentionally keep my mobile data turned off except for when I have a specific need to use it. I don't want to become a person glued to their phone while the world goes on around them.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
We pretty much exclusively stream now, rarely do we watch TV channels through our aerial.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
We don't even have a TV package. I miss it but the cost kept gong up and up and up and pretty soon it wasn't worth it.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
My Dad pays for a very expensive Sky TV package which comes with the ability to connect two other devices via SkyGo. He has his iPad connected and lets us use the other slot which we've connected to via my Xbox One. It's really good for sport and films. He keeps threatening to end his subscription because it is heller expensive, but as of yet he's stayed as a customer.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Pandemic aside, another thing going on right now is all the backwards-censorship. Old shows and movies are being edited, slapped with a warning, or pulled altogether to bring them up to date with current social norms.

With this in mind.... my paper book, cd. dvd, blu-ray collections are looking all the more important.

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Pandemic aside, another thing going on right now is all the backwards-censorship. Old shows and movies are being edited, slapped with a warning, or pulled altogether to bring them up to date with current social norms.

With this in mind.... my paper book, cd. dvd, blu-ray collections are looking all the more important.
Indeed, it seems like these days that printed material is more important than ever when platforms are choosing to change classics to fit social norms. Have you seen this latest one: