The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

John Boyega is Done With The Star Wars Universe

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
John Boyega is Done With The Star Wars Universe

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Could care less about the sequel trilogy characters to be honest. Disney pretty much eliminated the Star Wars toy section.

Marina deVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Oh wow, YES!!...loved it when he shot the potential squealer in the back.
It reminded me of the scene where Han shot first...and rightly so.
It showed character development of a self centered Han to an honorable and worthy hero.
Rogue One had all the qualities of the originals.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
4 replies, and not a single one about the actual sequel trilogy that John Boyega was in .... (don't worry, I love rogue one too)

Hey, you're not alone. I'm not all that tickled with the sequel trilogy either. But I'm also wise enough to know that the latest trilogy belongs to people who are younger than I am... just as the prequel trilogy belongs to me, but wasn't quite what people older than I am were looking for.

That said, I don't buy for a second that these "sequel trilogy" actors are actually "done" with star wars. We've seen this before. The OT actors said this too, as did the prequel stars. I think its inevitable that they all eventually return. The sequel trilogy stars have the opportunity to do what the OT actors failed to do.... return before they are senior citizens, and do it in a big way.

I want the sequel trilogy big-three back. But bring them back in 15 years instead of 30.

Maize Wayne

Unorthodox Sith
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Sith Eternal
I had read before that Oscar Isaac had said the same thing, that he was done with Star Wars. I mean... good for them, if there are other roles out there for them to do! Knock themselves out, ya know? LOL

Chaos Maxtor

Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Underworld
I dont really blame them. With a combination of social media pressure and how often new movies based on large titles are just recycled from an IP's older content; I am not surprised at all. If Oscar and John can snag roles that let them leave SW behind, that is great. Later down the line the opportunity to comeback to Star Wars may return.

Best quote comes from Boyega though "You Ain’t Going to Disney Plus Me!" :LOL:

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I had read before that Oscar Isaac had said the same thing, that he was done with Star Wars. I mean... good for them, if there are other roles out there for them to do! Knock themselves out, ya know? LOL
Oscar did say the same thing, and I created that thread as well a month or so back. He's getting plenty of good job offers right now. I get it. Harrison Ford felt the same way after Empire Strikes Back. But it won't last forever. And some day returning to Star Wars will be more appealing to him.

I'd like to see Rey, Po and Fin back on the big screen in about 15 years. In the meantime, I suspect that although they seem to want to distance themselves from Star Wars... they'll likely be coaxed into doing a Disney + series sooner than later.