The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Justice League - Snyder Cut?

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
So a bit story out of Hollywood this week was that Zack Snyder was being given 20 - 30 million to finish his version of Justice League for release on HBOMax. Anybody care?

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I haven’t kept up with the superhero madness to be honest. I love Superman. But when I saw the new man of steel film it was so awful and I was heartbroken.

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
It seems to be a big deal over on twitter, like pretty much everything else that goes on in Hollywood.

Last edited:

Hwo

Jedi Exile
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
This will not end well. It could be the best movie ever made, and people will still be disappointed. There is way too much hype on this.

That said, I don't think there was much divisiveness over Justice League; it was universally shat on by critics and fans. I thought Suicide Squad was worse, but Justice League was bad. And I genuinely liked Batman v. Superman.

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
-_- ugh, why must Hollywood and the Media assume that anyone that is a critic of a film as being toxic, -ist, -ism, or a manbaby living in their mother's basement?

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
-_- ugh, why must Hollywood and the Media assume that anyone that is a critic of a film as being toxic, -ist, -ism, or a manbaby living in their mother's basement?
Toxicity isn't simple criticism. Its weaponized and feels entitled to getting it their own way.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
Toxicity isn't simple criticism. Its weaponized and feels entitled to getting it their own way.

a lot of fans weren’t being toxic. The movie was bad. Saying that isn’t toxic

Hwo

Jedi Exile
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I have not talked to a single person who liked Justice League. It was a bad movie.

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
It was a bad movie, but it was the cast that started the snyder cut rumor, which turned out to be something.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Don't like Cavill? Even among people who don't love the films, Cavill is almost universally liked as the character. There should have been a Man of Steel 2 before they did Batman v Superman. That was their fatal mistake. They should have kept developing the stand alone character franchises before jumping to the team ups... but they got envious of Marvel.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I like him okay I just don't like this rendition of Superman.

So I am a huge superman fan. I have over 17k comics stored in a warehouse because I collect them. My favorite portryaol of Superman was Dean Cains in Lois and Clark the New Adventures of Superman.

In my opinion what this new edition is missing is Clark Kent. Part of what makes Superman a character we care about is his human side. Otherwise he's just an all powerful god. The fact is he has all the power in the universe but will not use it and that makes him interesting. When Superman does well, Clark struggles, and when Clark does well Superman struggles. That's what makes him a dynamic and interesting man.

This movie focuses way too much on Superman because it looks cool to blow stuff up. It's also got a lot of issues. Another part of what makes Superman interesting is he's alone. He's unique and he's surrounded by people who will never understand him because he's not one of them. They fear him or worship him or treat him differently etc etc. But in this movie I think its 12 on screen minutes (can't remember. I did the math once) from the time people are like OMG aliens are real its superman to the time Zod shows up. So bam already Superman is not a loner. There are others like him.

Another issue is Lois Lane. Lois Lane was NEVER a damsel in distress cliche. She helps Clark and she helps Superman and her faith in Superman often gives Clark the strength to be Superman, even when it means Clark will suffer. But in this movie Lois is basically an idiot who wanders into trouble without reason and at the very end of the movie she claims she knows who Clark is, even though those glasses are supposed to fool her for a long time. She also just randomly shows up at the farm on Kansas. Sure the parents have been hiding an alien all these years but one reporter just happens to manage to wander over there and find him after looking at two pieces of paper? No

Let's not forget that the portrayal of Clark himself is stupid in Batman vs Superman. When Bruce Wayne shows up Clark is all "who is that?" Sure Clark, you are the top reporter for the Daily Planet (only behind Lois) and have the ability to go everywhere in the universe. You keep an eye on powerful men after Lex Luthor because your paranoid but somehow you don't know who Bruce Wayne is? SUUURRREEE

Honestly the only redeeming part of this movie is the portrayal of Lex Luthor, which ironically a lot of fans did not like. They are too used to the Lex from the 90's cartoon who was a bald badass but in almost all the comics Lex is scared of getting his hands dirty and he's trapped inside his own mind with philosophy etc so he comes off a bit eccentric and crazy. I think they captured that part of him.

I'm going to stop myself here because if you let me I can write a whole novel about why this movie sucked and what they got wrong. I'm a bit too obsessed with Superman and I realize that other fans will not be that way and probably enjoyed the movie more than I did so I try not to be a debbie downer for them.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction