The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Motorsports on TGC

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
F1 just has too much regulation of on-the-track incidents all around for my taste, while not enough work done off the track to equalize competition. I know new rules for 2021 hope to close up the competition some, but they could have made some more relatively simple changes this year to help matters.

Sunday afternoon Nascar Cup Series race on the oval at Indy was okay. Better than a few recent snooze fests on that track in recent years. But it was weird to have them in Indy on July 4th, rather than Daytona summer race which has been the traditional even for the series for decades.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I think the new rules for 2021 have been pushed back due to Covid. Not certain mind you.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I think the new rules for 2021 have been pushed back due to Covid. Not certain mind you.
Probably. Nascar has also pushed its next generation of Cup Series car to 2021. I suspect IndyCar, which was set to move to 900hp Turbo Hybrid engines will do the same.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction

Happy that Jimmie will have only missed one race on account of his asymptomatic positive Covid-19 test. Hopefully that's the end of it, and the virus doesn't jump into the Nascar population. They've done a good job with their condensed, fan free schedule for the last two months.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
The Xfinity series race at Indy was so entertaining this past weekend. It was the first time that stock cars have been on the Indy road course. It seems inevitable that the Cup Series will eventually race there too, given the fan support and Roger Penske having bought the track...

Last edited:

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Another busy weekend for me watching motorsports. Nascar Xfinity ran Thursday night and are doing it again tonight. On Saturday ARCA and the Nascar Truck Series both race as well as Indycar. On Sunday, Formula One, IndyCar again, and then Nascar Cup Series.

Formula 1 should do what Nascar has been doing during the lock down. For the most part, not practice, no qualifying. They've been using a combination of random draw, owners points, and inverting the field based on their previous finish when racing twice in a raw on the same track. Its worked out surprisingly well. I think some version of this could work well for Formula 1 by shaking up the field and creating more excitement for the fans. I know top teams would disagree, but screw them, lol.

Marina deVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Eyes make a circle, then sees if she can distract the boys from the tube a moment...

Marina.jpg

:p

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Crazy finish for the Nascar Cup series race yesterday. Rookie Cole Custer, who i've been watching come up through the ranks in recent years, scored a rare rookie victory in the Cup series after the older guys made contact

The rest of the race wasn't that great. I watched F1, IndyCar and Nascar Cup Series on Sunday. I think the IndyCar race was probably the best of the weekend overall, minus the exciting finish in Nascar.

Marina deVoe

Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Oh yea?! :D
Wow cool. That's good to know.
I remember when I was clubbing and hitting up some good rock bands that me and my friends would buy and drink alcohol before we went. Saved us a ton of money getting buzzed before going in. then we'd be rockin nursing just a few drinks. :)

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
The last race I went to was at Pocono Speedway here in Pennsylvania. I was permitted to bring a 12x12in soft cooler into the grandstands (80 thousand seats), enough to carry a six pack of cans.

Marina deVoe

Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Don't much like drinking beer from cans...

Unless I'm floating down the creek there and then it's cans. No bottles allowed on the creek there. :p

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Don't much like drinking beer from cans...
:p
Either do I. Its a crime to drink a beer from a can or bottle (unless its a really bad beer). But hey, its a public event. I get why glass isn't permitted. Imaging beer bottles hitting cars going 200mph...

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
The Nascar "open qualifier" and "All Star" Race that followed were a load of fun. They let some fan into Bristol, which can over wise hold 180,000 people, and fortunately my favorite driver came out on top to win the 1 MIllion dollar payday. As the all-star race usually is, it was a chance to experiment with new things. They moved the placement of the numbers on the cars, added neon lights to the undercarriage, used a choose cone, and a few other small tweaks which i liked.

Last edited: