The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Obi Wan Kenobi Series (Discussion)

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
EWAN MCGREGOR 'KENOBI' SERIES NOT CANCELED; BUT TROUBLE BREWING

Alright, so this will be our thread for all things Obi Wan - the Disney+ series announced last year after years of speculation about an Obi Wan movie.

To kick things off, what are you hoping for in the Obi Wan series when it eventually arrives?

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
What am I hoping for in the series?

I hope that when we meet Obi Wan he's settled in on Tatooine, watching young Luke from afar. Almost in a procedural drama kind of way, there should be people, having heard rumors that he was a Jedi, coming to him, asking him to use his skills and powers to settle their disputes and solve their problems. But he'll be reluctant to reveal himself, and even more reluctant to abandon his watch on the Lars homestaad

Ultimately, a particular mission will prove impossible for him to turn down. We'll meet a new character who he trusts to keep watch over young Luke while he inevitably leaves the area, or the planet

In the meanwhile, Vader will be out there, causing havoc.... but they'll always just barely avoid coming into contact with one another....until perhaps the end of season 1 or a later season.

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
If you think about it, Episode 4 when Vader is talking to Tarkin about Obi-Wan, I could possibly see that they could have interactions or near-misses.

source:

Last edited:

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
If you think about it, Episode 4 when Vader is talking to Tarkin about Obi-Wan, I could possibly see that they could have interactions or near-misses.
In ANH Vader talks about a feeling he hasn't felt since he was in the presence of his old master... Obi Wan. To keep that statement true.... i think we need to see only NEAR MISSES between Obi and Vader.

Rogue Steiner

The Old Man
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I'd like to see Obi-Wan taking out Imps to keep Skywalker safe but having to go on other missions that kept the kiddo safe, just not on the sand planet.

Hwo

Jedi Exile
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Could be interesting stories with Jabba given that Obi Wan and Jabba had dealings during the Clone Wars.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I'm properly buzzing about this one. They'd better get it done.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I'd like to see Obi-Wan taking out Imps to keep Skywalker safe
On a related not, I think there is some very powerful potential in a situation where The Empire is making a nuisance of itself on Tatooine. People are dying, maybe locals beg for his help......but he must choose to ignore their pleas because helping them could reveal his presence and further endanger Luke.

Rogue Steiner

The Old Man
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
On a related not, I think there is some very powerful potential in a situation where The Empire is making a nuisance of itself on Tatooine. People are dying, maybe locals beg for his help......but he must choose to ignore their pleas because helping them could reveal his presence and further endanger Luke.
True not doesn't sound like very good story telling material.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
Has there been any word on the actor agreeing to cone back? Last I knew there were some issues

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Well, after a back and forth rumor mill last week, it seems there was some fire with the smoke surrounding the status of the Obi-Wan Kenobi series.

The Hollywood Reporter reports that the series has been put on hold, as they look to find a new writer to pen the scripts:

Disney+ and Lucasfilm’s Star Wars series centered on Obi-Wan Kenobi has been put on hold as the companies attempt a retooling, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The series, which sees Ewan McGregor reprise his role of the famed Jedi Knight, was in the throes of pre-production.

The news gets worse from there as they also report the amount of episodes will be shortened:

Sources tell THR that the scripts – only two were written – and story became an issue and that the entire package has been jettisoned. Lucasfilm is now on the hunt for a new writer to pen the series. At the same time, sources say the series is being reconfigured from being six episodes to four episodes

The show was as far along as screen tests with Ewan McGregor and a shoot that was scheduled to start this summer, but it now appears that those things will change.

No word on a release date for the Disney Plus series, but you can expect a delay from the original plan.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Obi-Wan Series Set to Use the Same VFX Technology as The Mandalorian
n a recent interview with the ACE Universe, when asked about his upcoming Star Wars prequel series, Golden Globe Award-winning actor Ewan McGregor was understandably tight-lipped about the story details of Disney+‘s Obi-Wan Kenobi series. However, he did confirm a new detail about the series’ production, revealing that they will be using the same incredible visual effects technology called “The Volume” that was first seen in The Mandalorian......

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
You saying Kathleen Kennedy lied to us again? She said the scripts were all completed.
You're one of those people eh, who believes that things are set in stone? lol. Plans change. Things get rewritten and reworked.

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
You're one of those people eh, who believes that things are set in stone? lol. Plans change. Things get rewritten and reworked.
As long as she keeps her fingers away from Mandalorian, she can rework the scripts to her hearts content for all I care.