The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

OOC Discussion: OPEN THREADS

Kassey Daklin

The Fair Jewel of TGC
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Underworld
So, from past experience, I know that the more open threads there are, the more characters can interact, especially ones that are from different backgrounds or factions, things like that. I'd love to reach out and see if people would join open threads if there were more, and to see what kind of activity is out there. Maybe you can meet your next friend in this thread! Or your next enemy! Maybe your next wife or co-worker! I think a discussion like this can benefit characters and writers alike in order to push a story forward.

So, I figured I could see...

1.) Who would join more threads if they saw more open threads.
2.) Maybe this thread could serve as a "mixer" type of theme to see who wants to role play with who. Maybe you can see a character that you wouldn't normally run into and cook up an idea with them!
3.) Brainstorm ideas for both private threads of meeting someone new, or open thread ideas.

So, would you join more open threads if there were more around?
Do you want to post some information about your character to see where one could be of interest for them?
Do you have any open thread ideas for your character where others could join in?

Thanks to all who participate in the conversation, and hopefully, we can strum up some more activity together! :) Pew Pew!

Mak Manto

Rogue Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I always like open threads.

The story might not run the way you expext but it could be better than you originally planned.

Kassey Daklin

The Fair Jewel of TGC
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Underworld
I agree with you @Mak Manto , I always loved open threads because it could go in so many directions! I just also know some people are uneasy to join an open thread or don't always know how to get into them and I'd love to help!

Drake Vallen

#NewVallenOrder
Rank
Apprentice
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Sure :)

It just depends on what the open thread's premise is, and if I have a creative spark that will work to join!

Marina deVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Private or invite threads are great too, if you have reunited with former writers here and would like to establish connections again. :)

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
* taps his foot waiting for Kassey to reply to their thread*