The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Oscar Isaac Shoots Down Possibility of Returning as Poe Dameron

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Everyone has a price. The word never doesn't exist in film.

After ROTS I remember a debate on TGC about whether there would ever be more films and I couldn't believe people thought there would only be six.

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
🤓 Well, to be technical, George orginally had 9 films planned, but he smushed 3 of those movies into one creating the first star wars movie, A New Hope.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
To get technical back to you, if he planned 9 movies but smushed 3 onto 1 then that wouldn't that leave 7?

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
It's possible he made changes with the others as well as he went along. Course it does explain why there were 2 death stars in the OT, but it doesn't make sense that the first one took about 20 years to build and the second one took so little time.

Spark Vallen

Caffeinated Corellian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
It's possible he made changes with the others as well as he went along. Course it does explain why there were 2 death stars in the OT, but it doesn't make sense that the first one took about 20 years to build and the second one took so little time.
I've always thought about that, lol. Maybe more time went by between ESB and ROTJ than we knew about.

Or, they were building them almost concurrently, and the Bothan spies hadn't gotten to them about #2 yet.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I've always thought about that, lol. Maybe more time went by between ESB and ROTJ than we knew about.

Or, they were building them almost concurrently, and the Bothan spies hadn't gotten to them about #2 yet.
Yeah, I kinda assumed that they had two on the go at the same time. It is a bit silly that the viewer is left to create that conclusion but I won't criticise. Look at all the people who spent years and years laughing at how ridiculous it was that the first Death Star had a weakness that would allow a single fighter with a well aimed torpedo could blow up the whole thing. Well, they're all scraping egg off their faces after Rogue One!

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Yeah, I kinda assumed that they had two on the go at the same time. It is a bit silly that the viewer is left to create that conclusion but I won't criticise. Look at all the people who spent years and years laughing at how ridiculous it was that the first Death Star had a weakness that would allow a single fighter with a well aimed torpedo could blow up the whole thing. Well, they're all scraping egg off their faces after Rogue One!
But it was the ultimate power in the galaxy. Why build a second one?

Mak Manto

Rogue Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
During the big May event in 2005, there was a news article I posted, and Lucas himself was speaking to a reporter, and he said that even at that time, that there would be more films, that he wanted to expand upon what happened after ROTJ.

Whether it was to do the idea he originally wanted, with the midichlorians and the Whills, who knows, but yeah. Lucas knew he was going to continue these films all the way back when ROTS was released.

Kinu Oja

Master Historian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
All the experience the engineers had from building the first one perhaps. :LOL:

"My first super cool toy blew up, triple the man power and resource allocation on this one!" -Palpy