The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Products You Wish They Would Make?

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
This thread is inspired by the "Shows you wish they would make," topic.

What products do you wish they would make?

Anything goes, from things not yet invented to out of date products and formats that simply need to be updated and made available.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I'd like to see Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine remastered and updated in HD and UHD. The original series and The Next Generation have already been given the blu-ray treatment, but apparently they spent a fortune on Next Generation and didn't feel that they sold enough copies up front. That said, even for the streaming world, pretty much anything made in the 90's or earlier eventually needs to be remastered, so I suppose I'll get these eventually... but when?

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Witch of Dathomir
I'd like to see Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine remastered and updated in HD and UHD. The original series and The Next Generation have already been given the blu-ray treatment, but apparently they spent a fortune on Next Generation and didn't feel that they sold enough copies up front. That said, even for the streaming world, pretty much anything made in the 90's or earlier eventually needs to be remastered, so I suppose I'll get these eventually... but when?
The problem is that they waited too long; the fan base isn't as it used to be.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
A program that can collect all of your research and let you create tables and data visualizations from it. So you can create a table of trends and gaps in research and identify what to study next.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
The problem is that they waited too long; the fan base isn't as it used to be.
I do not agree.

Even if physical media goes extinct, the general trend is for people to expect the highest visual quality. That means remastering for HD and UHD, even for streaming platforms.

Also, the fan base can't stand Star Trek Discovery, Picard and Lower Decks. Meanwhile, fan opinions of Voyager, DS9 and Enterprise are improving with time.