The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

TGC Reunion 2020?

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Back in the day we did "reunions" as an excuse to both 1) relive good memories and 2) try to entice a few old faces to rejoin the fold. Sometimes these events were effective, sometimes not. But given TGC's move and rebirth other the winter, as well as the old friends who have recently dropped by, would this be a good time to try again?

(Coincidentally my 20th high-school reunion is this summer, though I don't plan to go even if it isn't cancelled.)

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I've contacted all the old faces I know. I can try to post on our old Facebook again. The only contacts I have that are not here are Santeria and company.

Marina deVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Well, I've no plans to rehash my old character, but count me in under this guise. :)

Maize Wayne

Unorthodox Sith
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Sith Eternal
I have Bethany and Kass on my Facebook. When I sent it to them directly, they didn't respond. :( I could always try posting it again to see if they - or anyone else - decide to show up.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I'm just throwing out ideas here. Tgc may have a twisted past of who hates who, but it's 2020, and I like to think that most of us have matured enough to say 'hello,' even if they have no desire to make tgc part of their daily lives again.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I'm just throwing out ideas here. Tgc may have a twisted past of who hates who, but it's 2020, and I like to think that most of us have matured enough to say 'hello,' even if they have no desire to make tgc part of their daily lives again.

Unfortunately I think a lot of our old members go to the old site and when they see it's disabled they just assume TGC died. Ceel, you were always so against moving platforms I honestly don't think anybody would even think to look for TGC on a different platform. So many people were shocked to see this be a thing. I really think we need a link on the old page.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
They didn't come to the Tapatalk page when it was there. The new location is easily found in a search.

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
When you visit a site that you go to often, it's usually better to create a bookmark so that they can revisit that site in a click instead a search.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
They didn't come to the Tapatalk page when it was there. The new location is easily found in a search.
Does Tapatalk enable you to free code, so you could put in a little script that forwards visitors here? Or else put a notice up on the top of the board sending them this way? Even on Tapatalk the occasional person would drop in, they might now assume it's dead. Remember a couple of years ago there was a sudden activity spike of Tapatalk, but it died as quickly as it arrived.