The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Open The Brody Royce home for wayward boys and girls ( all welcome)

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
Corulag - Curamelle city

Brody stood outside the recently renovated building that faced the City Square. He looked up to the very conspicuous sign with his name glaring out for all to see.

The sign read BRODY ROYCE Institute of Education and Learning. The building look as modern as one could possibly make it and had the latest hidden security systems to prevent both entry and escape.

“Why escape you ask? Oh you didn’t ask? Well I’ll tell you anyway“

The Institute was selective with its students, the prerequisite was you had to have a juvenile criminal record or be serving time for a crime that didn’t involve violence ( to a degree).
Each student had their own private room and access to some pretty neat tech. Each student had access to hotel like menus and the best private facilities they could ever hope for.

“ A prison you say? Good god no! It’s a learning institute for wayward teens who don’t look to have a future because the system will fail them again and again”

Brody turned toward the city square knowing full well the media would arrive soon, but that’s not what he was waiting for. He was waiting the arrival of a prison van.
Brody had jumped through hoops and possibly bribed a few officials to get selected juvenile criminals released into his care, where he could use his influence to create the next batch of academics for the Galaxy at large. Instead of these academics having privileged backgrounds like he did, they would arrive with their own skill sets that could be utilised to advance their learning.

To top it all off and add to the coming media circus, Brody had extended an invitation to both Jedi and Republican official alike. A prized jewel that he could show off to the galaxy whilst surreptitiously making the Jedi and Republic look somewhat inadequate with how they deal with criminals.

Finally the van entered the square just as reporters were arriving with recording equipment. Vanessa has timed everything perfectly, that’s assuming all those invited turned up.

“ Okay Brody, here goes, Lights, Camera, Action” He straightened his tie as the van pulled up and two prison guards exited the drivers pod

Alex Thanas

Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
Underworld
Alex felt the vehicle begin to decelerate and while it had done so to take the many corners they had traversed , this one was different. The vehicle was pulling up.
Alex was cuffed and flanked by two prison guards and had not been told where he was going.

YESTERDAY
It was the previous morning when guards came to his cell, gave him a set of semi stylish street clothes and told him he’d be moving tomorrow and that was his uniform.

Alex was a bright kid but he’d broken the law and gotten caught and as far as he was aware, still had three years to serve of a rather harsh sentence. I mean all he did was bypass security protocols at the local bank and transfer a single cred from each of the millions of accounts the bank held. That would have been fine if he hadn’t set off red flags on specific accounts that had heightened security.
His youth had led him to being hasty, getting caught had taught him a lesson, be more vigilant. Alex sat and stared at the clothes that now sat folded on the bed. The sneakers on the floor were designer sneakers which got his cogs whirring “ hmmm where are you taking me and why the expensive clothes?”
When morning had broken Alex was dressed in perfect fitting clothes and still non the wiser as to his destination. He was cuffed and led to the van, which had no windows, this he couldn’t see where he was.

CUT BACK TO NOW

The automatic door to the van opened and light streamed in, temporarily blinding him. The helmeted guards were fine, there visits adjusted to the light and they exited the van where they stood either side of the door.

Alex’s vision began to adjust and he could see the outside now, he could also hear a voice he’d never heard before berating the guards.
“ Seriously? Are you people stupid? I said no cuffs! Get them off him now or I’ll make sure your careers are very very short”

Alex stifled a grin, he didn’t know who the voice belonged to but he liked the way he spoke. Slowly the figure came into focus and the young thief/slicer recognised the suited gentleman in front of him.

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
When the van door opened Brody couldn’t believe what he saw.
“ Seriously? Are you people stupid? I said no cuffs! Get them off him now or I’ll make sure your careers are very very short”

Brody turned toward Vanessa who was now standing by his side “ did you know about this? Did they not get the request? Clearly they received the clothing.”

Vanessa held her composure “ yes Mr Royce, they did get the request, I have their acknowledgement on my flimsy”

Brody glared at the guards as the media fired up their cameras “ well don’t just stand there, get the cuffs off, good god, how is it these “. Brody thought for a moment before choosing the right words “ guests of yours haven’t escaped? You’re all incompetent”

The guards quickly removed the binders and stepped back.

Brody composer himself before greeting Alex in front of the Galaxy’s media.

“ Welcome Alex, to the Brody Royce institute of Learning and Education, you are the first of our hand picked students. I’ll personally see you to your room. My assistant Vanessa has done some background research on you and I do hope we’ve decorated your room appropriately”

Brody extended his hand in greeting as the media lapped up the moment and several reporters began to fire questions off

“ Mr Royce, Mr Royce”. Brody raised a hand, “ not now , I have students to focus on, but be patient and I’ll be back outside to give a full statement and to answer your questions”

Alex Thanas

Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
Underworld
Alex’s eyes widened when he saw Brody Royce standing outside the vehicle. The guards undid his cuffs and stepped away.

Alex was a little gobsmacked as he listened to the words coming out of Mr Royce’s mouth.

His thoughts when rampant as the words sunk in “ Institue? learning? Hand picked? Student? Am I free? What do I need to do?”

All these thoughts clouded his mind and then he briefly snapped out of it. “ um, I’m um honoured? He said “ student? So I’m free? You bailed me out of prison?”

Alex was still confused, and then he noticed the media and stared wild eyed “ shit I’m on holonet” he thought

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
Brody put an arm across the young man’s shoulder and started to lead him toward the institute “ free, yes, but it’s conditional, which we will discuss shortly. Thing is, you won’t have to see a prison guard again, well not whilst you’re at the institute “

Brody paused “ you also won’t have to eat in a mess hall again and you’ll sleep safely at night, in your own bed, in your own room without fear of unwanted visitors”

They climbed the stairs toward the front door “ I’ll show you to your room, familiarise yourself with it and let me know if you don’t like anything, we’ll change it”

Brody waved a hand and the doors slid open as if by use of the force “ your absolute comfort is conducive to your success here Alex, basically I’m setting you up for life, all you have to do is stay out of trouble for three years”

They entered the institute and immediately it was evident this place was high tech and a lot of money had gone into it.

“ I’m investing in you because I believe the returns will benefit us both greatly” Brody said once out of earshot of journalists

Alex Thanas

Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
Underworld
Alex still couldn’t believe it as he walked with Brody. The young man had already done two years of a five year sentence and they’d put him in an adult prison. Mind you it was a juvenile section but Alex had known boys his age that had been victims of more hardened criminals. The rules were simple though, you stepped out of line and the guards made sure you got a visit from some of the less desirable patrons.

Alex has remained a model prisoner, but that was more out of fear than by his own volition. Now though it seemed his final three years would be done in a more pleasurable establishment.

“ so all I have to do is three years of education?” That sounded easy until Brody mentioned investment, now Alex was beginning to understand. Nothing was free, but his new situation was more desirable than what he’d experienced.

They got to “ his “ room and Brody opened the door . Alex’s eyes widened again. It was huge, adorned with all the things he liked, there were even his star fighter models that he’d built at home before he broke the law and got caught.

“ wow” was all he could say as he stood speechless. A thought popped into his head “ just behave for three years Alex, this is a dream, just last three years”

Max Wayne

Finding My Way
Rank
Apprentice
Force User
Yes
Max cursed slightly under his breath as the second vehicle approached the media storm outside the rather impressive brick building. The media was focused on what he assumed was another "student" based on the similar looking clothes they now shared and a man dressed in a suit with a demeanor that suggested he was used to the massive attention being given him. Max didn't want that though, he didn't want any attention at all really, especially with so many flashing lights. His head was already spinning from the Force suppression drugs the authorities continued to pump into his system with the security band on his arm, which he was told it was for everyone's safety, and would kill him if he attempted to remove it. All it meant for him was that it was hard for him to concentrate, was sensitive to bright lights, and he had a constant mild headache.

Still if he needed to suffer through a bunch of people taking his picture and asking questions he would suffer it greatly rather than be returned to that cell. It had been dark, cold, and hard with no comforts whatsoever. Worst of all though he was left alone. No one talked to him, even when they dropped off food they didn't say anything, he had been in complete isolation. So when the guards had come to him to give him the option of attending this "school" rather than remain in lock up he jumped at the chance. He wasn't sure how long he had been there but he knew he wouldn't survive the 24 months sentence in the conditions he had been subjected on him.

He didn't understand why his sentence had been so harsh. After escaping yet another abusive foster home he had sworn he would never return, but he needed to survive. He had tried to find a job, but with few marketable skills and no experience that hadn't been easy. So he had done what was necessary. A little shop lifting here, pick pocketing there, minor stuff really, even if he was getting better at it. It wasn't until he had tried to slip away with a sandwich for a particularly nasty shop owner that things had gone from bad to worse. When the owner had come at him with a bat he had just tried to get away. When the first blow hit, instinct had taken over releasing all hell. He didn't know how he had thrown the man back, or even how the burst of lightning had escaped his hands, but it had. When the cops came he had been sitting on the floor crying, more scared of himself and what happened than even they were of him.

"Don't move" said the guard as he opened the door and moved in beside Max, pushing him against the door on the opposite side. "I don't care what Mr. Royce thinks. You are dangerous. I'm going to make sure this transfer goes smoothly, once you are his he can do with you want he wants." Taking out a large needle and shoving it into Max's neck he injected a much larger dose of the drug his arm band was already pumping into his blood.

Before Max could even respond his head began to swim as they removed the binders that had been on his wrists and opened the door he had been leaning on. He almost fell out of the vehicle if it hadn't been for another guard had roughly grabbing his arm and yanked him from the vehicle into the bright sunlight. "Move it" the second guard commanded as he pulled Max to his feet and pushed him toward the door the first group had already disappeared into some time ago.

"What was that for?" Max asked as he started to move with the guards flanking him on each side and his head cleared a little bit from the increase in the drug.

"Shut up" was the only response he got before they stopped near the door waiting for his turn to be transferred to Mr. @Brody Royce's school custody.

Danelle Athro

Smuggler
Rank
Elite
Force User
Yes
Faction
Underworld
Another van showed up behind the others with another "problem child" on board to go into Mr. Royce's custody. Dani wasn't all to thrilled about her new digs. She snuck onto the wrong freighter and got into a bit of trouble which led her to a choice: enjoy a nice prison sentence or go to some rich man's house of learning. It wasn't that hard of a decision; pretty obvious that they were trying to push this new thing on her at the courts. She had no idea why, but she figured it was better than prison.

The side door of the van slid open and a female Arkanian stepped out, wearing what they had assigned for her. She looked up and was impressed by the large brick building that was in front of her. The clothes were alright for now, but she will have to do some fashion editing as soon as possible. She didn't seem to have received a set of binders like the rest of the "students" were given, but the guard detail was still the same. The guard led her over then told her to stand over there next to this other "student" that seemed to be in some sort daze or might of been drugged to wait to be called on and stay quiet. She was fine with that as she wasn't really in a social mood right now as she was in thought, thinking of what sort of person this rich man was that the guards keep on calling him as Mr. Royce.

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
Brody had left Alex to familiarise himself with his room , but he’d also received the message from Vanessa that other vans had arrived.
Brody emerged from the building just in time to see how the guards were treating Max.

Brody had seen his file and committed
the young man’s image to his memory, in fact he’d done that to all of them.

Brody approached the guards that were rough housing Max and smiled at them.
“Gentlemen, please, did your boss not forward my express conditions to you about treatment of my students.“

He looked down at the guards uniform and committed his name and number to memory.

“ He did, but they aren’t yours until they get through the door , until then he’s our property to do with how we please”

Brody raises both brows in surprise, “ really, is that what you really think?”

Brody placeD a hand on the guards shoulder in what looked to be a semi friendly gesture.
“ In front of the galaxy’s media you mistreat this young man? In front of me, Brody Royce, you mistreat this young man? Let me explain something to you”

but as the guard went to be a total wise arse back to Brody, a loud crackle could be heard, the guard jolted and crumpled into a heap on the top step.

The device was subtle but Max would have been close enough to see the electro prod retract into Brody’s suit sleeve.

Brody looked at the other guard, who now set eyes on the billionaire, Brody smiled And whispered just loud enough for those close to him to hear it “ whatever you’re thinking of doing my good man, don’t, I have assets that will end you before you laid a hand on me. Try me!”

Brody then looked at Max, welcome Max, let’s get you to your room and I’ll get a medical team to check you over to ensure these thugs haven’t harmed you. Vanessa, please show Mr Wayne to his room”

Vanessa smiled “ follow me Max, I promise you’ll be treated far better at the institute than with those creatures”

The second guard chose to help his very incapacitated colleague up as Brody turned his attention to Danelle , “ poor man, must have been something he ate last night”

Brody quickly eyed up Danelle’s guards before returning his attention back to the young lady “ Miss Athro! Such a pleasure to welcome you to the institute, I do hope your guards have treated you well?”

Both of Danelle’s guards took one step back, obviously not wanting to experience the same fate as Max’s guard.

“ I’ll show you to your room, I do hope the decor is to your liking, if not let Vanessa know and we’ll change it, we are all about comfort and knowledge here at the Brody Royce institute of Learning and Education“

While Brody was 100% sincere about what he said, he was also playing it up for the cameras. The media were loving this, but not as much as Brody, he knew how to give the media what it wanted “ This way Miss Athro”

And as he turned he looked back at the guards and with a sarcastic inflection he spoke to them “ you’re dismissed, back to your dingy lair before you bring down the standards of this area of the city”

He certainly wasn’t making friends with the prison guards

Andulf Terran

House Terran of Alderaan
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Republic
It was at best nothing short of a good plan rouse. Concocted by his dear old dad to well...try to instill in him the time honor mantle of duty... honor and well tradition. Which as much he cared nothing for it surely his old man did.

Given that being one if not the last remaining possible heir. To not only the vast wealth as much the long line of Terran nobility. Andulf was ordered to step in and represent the family as much be part of the Republic delegates. Sent to attend the then stately function of @Brody Royce invitation to his new philanthropic endeavor. Which on all accounts in his mind was yet another subtle hint from his father. As to where he might end up next if he didn't mend his errant ways. Give the secret troubles he'd been engaged in since the fall out following his uncle's sudden demise.

But none the less though. A tad bit late he arrived quietly mingling with the crowd.

@Brody Royce , @Alex Thanas , @Max Wayne , @Danelle Athro

Last edited:

Max Wayne

Finding My Way
Rank
Apprentice
Force User
Yes
Despite the drugs now swimming in his head Max still managed to stand upright. He had found from some experience now, that if he concentrated hard enough he could almost push past the fuzziness of his mind the drugs created and at least take in his surroundings clearly. The media nearby hadn't taken note of his arrival or how the guards were treating him, they seemed more interested in waiting for the return of Mr. Royce, so he wasn't exactly hopeful for anyone to intervene. It was what he had come to expect anyway. He had learned long ago that he could only count on himself to take care of him, no one else was going to come to his rescue.

What next caught his attention was another "student" joining the line with her own set of guards. They seemed to be on much better behavior than his were and she seemed far less beaten down that he felt. For a moment he was embarrassed, he couldn't have been making a good first impression, he probably looked like something that had fallen out of a refuse bin. Not to mention the spaced out look in his eyes he was starting to get used to seeing in the mirror. Instead of trying to impress though he just hung his head in shame and hoped that he would be able to make up for it later.

With his head hung low and the drugs washing over his brain again he hadn't noticed that Mr. Royce had returned, it wasn't until he heard him talking that he snapped up and focused his mind enough to notice Mr. Royce stunning the guard. HE would have laughed if he could have. That particular guard had taken a perverse pleasure in making sure his stay had been even more miserable than it already was, and he was grateful to see him get a little of that in return. All he could do was muster a smile though as he saw the man laying on the ground still twitching.

"Thank you," Max managed to say while holding back a myriad of emotions he just wasn't ready or willing to acknowledge or deal with right now. As he stepped forward to follow Vanessa he stopped for a moment looked down at the now unconscious guard and spit on the ground next to his face. He didn't think the guards would do anything with Mr. Royce right there but he didn't want to take the chance of another beating.

Following Vanessa was a bit more of an effort than he wanted to admit. It should have been easy but the drugs made it hard for him to concentrate on more than one thing at a time. He could hear her rattling off the amenities that the facility had as they walked the halls, but Max couldn't really remember anything she was say except for a few words here and there. He was more focused on following her without falling over and trying to commit the route she was taking to memory. When she had mentioned food, he had almost stumbled into a wall when his focused shifted slightly to catch what she was say.

"Are you alright?' she asked as he regained his balance.

"Yeah" he replied embarrassed again by his clumsiness. He figured though she already his situation so he didn't bother to hide it from her. "The drugs just put me a little off balance. They gave me a large extra dose when we pulled up here."

"I will talk to Mr. Royce" she said softly, her voice filled with more kindness than he had experience in a very long time. "We will see what we can do about the drugs in your system when medical checks you out."

Max was grateful but doubtful, he was dangerous after all and the drugs kept that in check. He doubted they would be willing to stop the injections. With that running through his mind and the effort of following Vanessa again, he hadn't even noticed they were in his room already. The first thing that came to attention was how soft it looked. No cold hard cement walls and floor, no metal bed, and warm soft light from the windows. It was paradise compared to anything he had in the past. Even the nicest foster home he had stayed at wasn't this comfortable or roomy. He knew this was to good to be true. Nothing came without a price, he would eventually have to pay for all this one way or another. For now though he was going to enjoy it.

"I'll be back later with medical" Vanessa said as she left him in the room alone. Max didn't respond, didn't even bother to look around or explore. He just headed for the bed and collapsed.

Danelle Athro

Smuggler
Rank
Elite
Force User
Yes
Faction
Underworld
Dani cracked a smirk when she saw what happened to the abusive guard. The guard got what he deserved. Whose to say if she noticed how it really happened when Mr. Royce took out the guard as to the boy next to her perhaps even missing that detail. Perhaps this place is going to be better than she had expected. "Mmm yes, must of been those fish tacos," she responded out loud while continuing to smirk as the second guard chose to help his very incapacitated colleague up and she looked over at Mr. Royce.

She didn't mind being there next to the other "student" as she wasn't really pay attention to him as her mind was elsewhere. To be quite honest, the Arkanian had a bit of a let down that Vanessa was asked to escort Max inside while she was being brought in with Mr. Superstar, but perhaps Dani could maybe make the best of the situation. When asked about her treatment she kind of looked over each of her shoulders at the guards. The growing fear on their faces made her smirk even more as she gave a dramatic pause before answering Mr. Royce with, "Nah, they've hardly touched me." The retreating guards let out a sigh of relief in response as she was escorted inside the building, which will be her new home for now.

@Brody Royce @Andulf Terran @Max Wayne

Andulf Terran

House Terran of Alderaan
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Republic
By the time Andulf had arrived most if not all the attention had been directed mostly to the little altercation or incident playing between one the guard. Who at best he could fathom were there escorting or better yet unloading a seem manhandled youth. That by all accounts had been no sooner whisked away for him take much note of identifying which as far he was concern seem somewhat ideal. That being not so much that he was being manhandled but more like he was somewhat relieved that it afforded him a small window of opportunity to escape much of the attention away from him.

For if nothing else could be said of it....he sure was though not a stranger to the glare of the spotlight given the state of things were in his life of late. Wherein having just been named heir apparent to one the most notable as much it been quite a wealthy house of Alderaan. Hold stakes in quite a myriad of very lucrative profitable enterprises that it afforded him quite a comfortable lifestyle and along the way a bit of notoriety... Of being somewhat of a ladies man with quite an adventurous devilish streak. That for the most part had been with his father clout had been kept relatively out of the mainstream media and at best been noted as nothing more than gossip.

But just the same with keep up appearance as much just play his part as best he could so that he could least get his father off his back. Andulf did his best to keep up with the scheduled task at hand as best he could but then again glance aside up ahead. The appearance of Arkanian that spoke caught his attention as much a faint thought in his mind...

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
Vans streamed in and Brody’s institute staff guided each of the new students to their respective rooms to settle in. Every room had what appeared to be Holonet screens for entertainment, and indeed they were but they had another purpose and that was to inform the students of important events.

Once Brody knew the student were all in their rooms, he sent Vanessa to gather the media to a nearby conference and Brody settled into his new office and opened a holocom to everyroom.

“ Good afternoon everyone, I didn’t get to greet you all but here goes. Welcome to the Institute. In approximately five minutes you’ll all be required in the main hall for your initial group gathering where I will speak to you about your role at the Institute and allow a Q&A session before I have to present my self to the media.”

Brody paused “ in the draw below the screen you’ll find an item of technology that can be fitted to your wrist. You won’t have to wear it all the time, but it will be useful to you over the next few weeks. It’s a mini GPS that will help guide you around the campus and ensure you are never late to your destination.”

Just then each device fired up inside the drawers and began beeping.

“ and that’s initial activation. The screen will tell you where you need to be and the device will guide you to the main hall. See you all very soon”

With that formality out the way, Brody finished off his brandy and made his way to the great hall.

Max Wayne

Finding My Way
Rank
Apprentice
Force User
Yes
Max just wanted to sleep, wanted to allow the softness and comfort of the bed to embrace him and whisk him away from the foggy pain at the edge of his prescriptions. And he almost did until the sound of talking jarred him back to reality. It took him longer than normal to focus on the holocom with Mr. Royce talking to all the students, and a little after that to fully register what he was saying. He considered ignoring it completely and passing out, but fear forced him to get up and follow the instructions given. He didn't want to go back to that cell, to that loneliness. So he dragged himself over to the drawer and pulled out the beeping device and placed it on his wrist as instructed. The holographic display showed a outlay of the building before zooming in to show what he assumed was his room and indicators leading him out. Following the indicators he left his room and followed the path.

As he entered the great hall he was glad to see other students doing the same. It was nice to be around people again, to feel their presence even if he wasn't visiting them. Looking down at himself though he couldn't help but shrink away. He looked like crap and his head felt even worse than he looked. Normally he would have been talking to people, making friends, trying to form a network of people he could either rely on or use. Right now though he couldn't bring himself to do any of that, instead he just tried to make himself small and unnoticed. Staying close to one of the walls hoping to use it if needed to keep standing he waited for whatever Mr. Royce had in mind to begin.

Andulf Terran

House Terran of Alderaan
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Republic
And so after a momentary distraction of watching as the last of the so-called "students" were led into the facility. Along with the fact, the little incident between the guard untimely departure help to for a moment make his presence somewhat unnoticeable by the gather press milling about. Who no less either didn't give him notice due to either the presence of a fairly flamboyant host... @Brody Royce or in the idea he didn't quite been "out and about" as he once had. Being that as far his father's story had gone thus far... had all but gave a convenient cover story for his absence. While hiding much the and such that no less had been part the sore point between them lead to this day.

But just the same his train of thought no sooner had been thankfully broken and brought to the present by of all things. A rough shove along with a fairly discrete warning from a somewhat petulant employee standing before him. For whom no sooner could end up in a world of hurt if not for Andulf raise a hand to stop him in his tracks. As the man before him then insisted to repeat himself just as he pointed to the vid overhead.

" Invitation or press badge ....."

With that said reach into his coat pocket, he then produced the requested item in hand as he spoke.

"No need for such ....informalities and do excuse by good man as he can get ....well wound up tight given his "order"s. But just the same as acting Count of House Terran..."

He then no sooner had produced the item out his pocket that it had been taken...scan and a from ahead the faint beep can be heard. Just as said his attention then turns to the holo of the man of the hour Brody himself. As Andulf giving a sly smirk noted to himself to what was said ....regarding the GPS tracker and its uses. In which case lead him on. The man then returns his invite and nudge him forward. As his Minder then reach overtake one the GPS in hand and place one on him. The two then following the crowd head off to the hall where they were being led to....as from the sideline faint whisper could be heard. As no sooner had the man left that some those press that had gather took notice of him....

Danelle Athro

Smuggler
Rank
Elite
Force User
Yes
Faction
Underworld
It started off with @Brody Royce leading her inside the building, but then as soon as they were out of the line of sight of the cameras, she was handed off to another staff member to finish the journey to her assigned room while Mr. Brody had walked away to handle things elsewhere. She managed to suppress most of her surprise by this exchange, figuring that it was mostly for show for Mr. Brody to care about his "students". Hopefully, this choice she made wasn't a mistake. Perhaps prison was the better choice she thought as she walked the halls. "No Pink, No Pink..." she muttered underneath her breath as she closed her eyes as she grabbed hold of the doorknob and opened the door to her room. When she had opened eyes, she saw that it was a luxurious room and let out a sigh of relief that there wasn’t any pink in her riom probably too fancy from what she was used to with the safe color of white. Way better than being cramed along with shipment containers or sleeping in a barracks with bunch of men. Everything in the room seemed normal enough, but there was one thing that bugged her; they had pretty much glued and bolted down every piece of furniture and artwork here. They must of done their homework in her case file; she has a bad case of "sticky" fingers.

As Dani was getting settled into her new surroundings, Mr. Royce appeared in the holonet projector, she figured that he was broadcasting somewhere in the facility; she will have to find this location later. The presentation was more of an announcement for the entire school about an event That she was required to attend at the great hall and they were to wear a GPS on their wrist to find the location. From what she remembered earlier, the facility was pretty huge looking from the outside. She will most likely need the GPS to get around. However, the Arkanian scoffed at the idea of placing such a device, which she figured will probably won’t come off after putting it on, on her wrist. Instead she was going to carry it in her tiny satchel bag as to not fall prey to this suspected trap and pull it out when needed.

She didn’t have to really use it much as soon as she had reached the main walkway and just followed the others inside into the great hall. The Arkanian seemed satisfied by her choice of not wearing the device, unlike the others like some sort of watch. She looked around, analyzing her surroundings as they continued to cram “students” into the large room. Suddenly, Dani had a sensation of wanting to smoke one of her cigarettes, but it was most likely not allowed inside the building. Instead she reached into her tiny satchel bag and pulled out a thin strip of chewing gum and shoved it into her mouth.

@Max Wayne @Brody Royce @Alex Thanas @Andulf Terran

Last edited:

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
Once the students and guests were all in the great hall, Brody appeared from behind a curtain on the stage and stepped up to the lectern. He seemed to tap the air in front of him, but in actual fact it was a one way screen that nobody in the audience could see.
He paused for a moment and let out a bit of a chuckle before looking up at the gathered host and looked out in Danielle’s direction.

“ testing, testing, excellent, it works and you can all hear me. Everything okay Miss Athro? I don’t need to call a medic? “

Brody wasn’t letting on but the GPS also acted as a monitor for each students vital signs. It wasn’t that Brody was actually spying on them all but he did want to ensure he wasn’t inheriting any life threatening issues caused by the prison system and if he did, he could deal with them immediately.

The Students would come to learn soon enough that Brody was actually on their side, but they would also learn he was one sarcastic sonofabitch and he was exercising that right now by asking Danielle how she was.

“ all good we’ll come back to you Miss Athro, for now I’d like to officially welcome you all to the Institute. Your stay here will be several years but it will be a comfortable stay, no prison guards , no bars, no awful meals and access to the best educational resources in the galaxy. That’s right, you’ll be expected to learn stuff, but unlike school....”

He went up at the end of the sentence when he said that last word.

“ Horrible place, I hated every second of it, but that’s what happens when you’re the smartest kid on the planet”

Did I mention the students would also learn Brody had a ego? A big Ego? No? Well he does

“ This isn’t school because you’ll be learning skills relevant to your interests and that doesn’t include your ability to make other people’s possessions disappear.”

Brody paused again “ yes everything in your rooms is fixed in place, technically it’s your property to have once you’re done here so if you do try to steal it, one you’re only stealing from yourself and two I’ll know you’ve stolen it and it won’t be replaced. Oh and three....”

Brody smiled “ actually I’ll let you find out number three should you actually succeed in removing said items.”

Brody gave a bit of a laugh which almost challenged the students to do it, just for his own amusement
“ Finally, I will be taking the time to speak with you all individually about your individual interests and as a personal one on one Q&A session but for now, feel free to ask questions now pertaining to the Institute and enjoy your stay”

Brody looked out over the audience waiting for questions as his little speech sunk in .

Danelle Athro

Smuggler
Rank
Elite
Force User
Yes
Faction
Underworld
As soon as Mr. Royce had said her name, a bright spotlight from above appeared above her, singling her out from the rest of the crowd with the center of attention. How the hell did he know where she was? Dani thought with surprise as she stood there amongst the crowd while she tried to shield her eyes from the bright light. Didn't he know that her species were sensitive to sources of extreme heat or light. She then figured it out how he found her; it was the device. It's more than Mr. Royce had informed them earlier. She was right not to trust this human by putting it on her wrist. Normally, someone would either be embarrassed or shy to be called out like this, but Dani was different; she was instead angry for being put in such a situation that quite possibly was a hit on her pride as an Arkanian for being different. Yea, maybe it was her white marble skin instead of like the others with their healthy pink flesh. She responded back to Mr. Royce by thrusting her white marble hand forward and put out her middle finger toward him. Hopefully, he got the point and move on, leaving her alone for now.

And it appeared that he did just that as he went on to explain that she wasn't the only one that had their things stuck in place. Perhaps she should inform them that her room, being painted white was maybe too bright for her taste. Black would probably be the best she would think as it would absorb much of the light unlike white walls would. Since she was going this far, maybe she should even suggest that maybe the furniture should change as well to fit in with the new scenery.

@Max Wayne @Brody Royce @Alex Thanas @Andulf Terran

Last edited:

Andulf Terran

House Terran of Alderaan
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Republic
It was then once he and his bodyguard had been tag then lead towards one of the side rooms that it slowly dawned on him. As he then let out a faint chuckle that yet again his father had seemingly manipulated him into fall in line. Hidden under the rouse of duty was another vain attempt on his part to so-called "reform" his wayward ways. Knowing all too well that behind the facade of all the press releases to cover up his somewhat rebellious nature. He was no doubt not quite the upstanding young man he'd been made out to be but instead was quite the devilish daredevil. Prone to quite a few misdeeds himself that cred and one of his stature could engage in. Thought, unlike the rest that was paraded into the institute earlier. His was more subtle as if nothing else there was the matter of the family reputation as well as standing within society that was at stake. If anything untoward or news leak out about truth... something which for the life of him had been kept strictly confidential between the two for the most part.

But still, there was no doubt in his mind ... that all this ruse was no less orchestrated by his father. Being the cruel manipulating bastard he knew him well to be. God only knew what ill well-meaning intent he had this time around or had he made any backroom arrangement with the proprietor Brody? At any rate, buying his time, Andulf figured to play along with the rouse for quite a bit. As he wanders about the ground along with some the other invited guest and press. Till such time when he was able to slip out his minder sight. That he then made his move by first tackling the issue of the tracking bracelet place upon his wrist. Which given his past history and experience took him but a moment to slip off. Before crossing path with one the gather in one the hall. Andulf then let slip the bracelet into someone else person. While make good take the next step of taking his leave of the place. When from across the room the faint glare of the spotlight aim at someone caught his attention. Along with the fairly uncouth finger salute, she'd aim at their host.

One which brought a faint smirk on his face as he then slowly snuck his way towards her. And once close enough within hearing distance then faintly spoke to her in passing.

"....well guess that one way to tell them off."

@Danelle Athro @Brody Royce @Max Wayne @Alex Thanas