The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Open The Brody Royce home for wayward boys and girls ( all welcome)

Alex Thanas

Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
Underworld
Once Alex has settled into his room the monitor, which he’d assumed was connected to a computer suddenly lit up. It was Brody Royce who again welcomed the students but then followed with a series of instructions.

He took out the GPS and played with the clasping mechanism to see how it worked. Once he was Satisfied this Wasn’t some kind of ruse, he put the device on.

Alex left his room as per the instructions and made his way to the great hall. It looked as though every student at the institute was there. Brody appeared on a stage and gave a speech outlining a few things, then he singled out one student.

Alex hasn’t seen her arrive but when the spotlight was on her, he stopped to study her features. It wasn’t till Danelle gave Brody the finger that he realised she only had three fingers and an opposing thumb. He focused on her hand and determined it was a natural feature rathe than an accident and this piqued his curiosity.

He missed some points of the remaining speech as he was now thinking about the Arkanian girl and now he had to learn more.

Once the meeting was over he deliberately made his way in her direction to intercept before she left the hall. His opening line was as natural as could be, “ that wasn’t very nice of Mr Royce to single you out, but your reply was priceless. I’m Alex” he held up his arm to show the GPS “ and I stupidly put this thing on.”

Then without trying to sound like he’d been in jail the next line slipped out naturally as well. “ so what you in for” Mentally he berated himself, then corrected himself “ I mean what do you hope to study here”

@Danelle Athro

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
@Max Wayne @Andulf Terran @Alex Thanas @Danelle Athro

Brody finished his little speech and left the stage area, he did want to catch up with Max some more, something about that young man said potential , but first he had to speak to Danelle.

Brody walked the halls smiling and nodding at teenagers as he passed, it was clear they didn’t trust him and he couldn’t blame them.
No adult had given these young people any reason to trust them or any motive to better themselves and Brody hoped to change that.

He spotted Danelle, which wasn’t hard due to her unique features and approached. Young Alex was talking to her and in true Brody style he interjected. “ my apologies for butting I’m Alex, but I need to speak to miss Athro, there’s a games room down the hall if you want to check it out and I’ll personally catch up with you later”

He could see Alex was a bit dejected by all this but seemed to understand. Once the boy had left Brody turned his attention on Danelle.
Unlike other adults she’d encountered in the past though, Brody’s approach was different.
“ my apologies for the stunt in the great hall, that was out of order and I earned that middle finger, quite deservedly.”

He looked down at her bag and smiled “ and I don’t blame you for not wearing the GPS, I would have done the same at your age, actually I probably would have pulled it apart and reprogrammed it”

Brody wasn’t going to offer to enter her room or have a private conversation, that after all was Danelle’s room and he would respect every students private sanctuary

“ I also want to apologise for the spotlight, I’d forgotten that Arkansan’s are sensitive to light so if there is anything I can do to make up for it, or make your stay more comfortable let me know and I’ll fix it personally.”

Brody stood and regarded the young lady as he waited for her response but added “ I’m truly not your enemy, I’ve been where you’ve been and now I have the resources to help others who are in that place”

Max Wayne

Finding My Way
Rank
Apprentice
Force User
Yes
Max was getting bloody tired of feeling like this, feeling like he was about to collapse while his head was buried in fog he couldn't quiet clear. Every time his head would start clear and his thoughts would come into focus the chemical restraint would shoot another rush of whatever they had loaded into the arm band and it would hit him again like a wave almost knocking him over. Still he was learning. With each new rush of the chemical in his brain he was able to hold on to a little more of himself. While his thoughts were still foggy, he was able to focus a little more, remember a little more, and do a little more. Eventually he would be immune to the drug, but he was getting sick of waiting for that. So when this rush flooded his head he focused on one thing. Mr. Royce.

Whatever it was that Mr. Royce was saying on the stage it was probably important. Probably instructions he would need at some later date, maybe even the secret behind why they were actually here rather than back in their cells, but Max couldn't process it. All he could do was focus on standing up and not looking like an idiot long enough to get to talk to Mr. Royce again. If this restraint was going to even be removed it would have to be with Mr. Royce's order, so he was going to have to convince him. At least he could still sort of make sense for the next little while. He was getting closer to the next rush of injection so if he was going to talk with the man with anything close to making sense enough to be convincing it would have to be soon.

Max wasn't sure what had been said but when the girl not far from him had given Mr. Royce the finger he had chuckled with everyone else, but he had found himself looking at her with interest. She was his kind of person, not giving in one bit of care to what other's thought and being true to herself. She was defiantly future friend material. When the meeting or whatever was over Max again focused on Mr. Royce again he just so happened to head in her direction and that of another boy he had seen around. For a moment Max stopped and wondered if he should wait for the next cycle. He didn't want to make a fool of himself with his peers. Mr. Royce would probably understand given he had his files, but potential friends were different. Still he didn't think he could go another cycle without any hope.

"Hey everyone," Max said trying to sound like a normal person rather than a waked out zombie pretending to be alive. "I'm Max, it's nice to meet you all."

Danelle Athro

Smuggler
Rank
Elite
Force User
Yes
Faction
Underworld
Her actions during the presentation seemed to have made her popular with the visitors and other students that were there in the great hall. One certain visitor even said something just out of earshot as he passed her by within the crowd, which made her turn her head toward him for a moment before starting to head for the hall.

As she made her way toward the exit, she was intercepted by Alex. She was still a bit upset with what happened earlier at the gathering, but this innocent human didn't deserve it. "Dani," was her response back Alex when asked who she was as they walked down the hall. All of a sudden the boy she saw earlier today invited himself into the conversation. She responded back by repeating her name to Max by saying, "Uh hi, I'm Dani." The more Max spoke, the more Dani believed that he was on some sort of drug or something. It was then Alex asked why she was here. As she was about to think on what to say back in response to that question, Mr. Royce interjected into the conversation. Ugh, what now? she thought to herself as he explained to both boys that he needed to talk with Dani alone. Was she in trouble or something; she didn't know, but she was still upset from what had happened earlier at the presentation in the great hall. Maybe he came to apologize.

Once the boys had left, Dani crossed her arms across her chest, wanting to get whatever it is on Mr. Royce's mind over with fast. She stood there, giving Mr. Royce the silent treatment as he tried to surprise her by starting out with an apology for the way he had acted earlier. The only response back from her was her continuing to stare at him as she pondered in her mind on what he could be after to be apologizing to her. She hadn't really been in Arkanian society that long enough to know the rituals of handling disrespect. Most of her life was spent on board with space pirates. She glanced down toward her satchel when Mr. Royce had looked toward it. What he had said next made Dani's emotionless façade crack as her one eyebrow lifted up in curiosity. "Then why recommend us to wear them?" she said back in response, breaking her silence.

"Well, if that be the case," she said as she moved one of her hands to cress her smooth chin in thought, "my room's lighting does need to be adjusted and the wall color should be changed to a darker color; A dark purple maybe would be nice. Also I haven't slept in a bed for like forever; I would prefer a hammock instead. Let's see...um..how about a workstation with connection to the holonet and mainframe...is that possible? Oh, maybe a bigger closet; I am a girl after all." He did ask what it would take to make it up to her; perhaps maybe it was more than he had bargained for.

@Max Wayne @Brody Royce @Alex Thanas @Andulf Terran

Andulf Terran

House Terran of Alderaan
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
New Republic
It was then while in the main hall mingling as much blending in with the other "guest" his mind somewhat conflicted between leaving or hang round...if but for a moment. His eyes no less transfixed as draws towards her while she passed by head off in the other direction. Disappear from sigh before he could even make a move or see as someone grabs him from behind. Turning him around face the familiar form of his minder. Who for the most part had still somewhat try-catch his breath after having a search for him throughout the institute.

"Count Terran....it is unwise to wander off on your own like that. As we don't want anything untoward to befall you ....."

To which giving him a faint harsh gaze no less was meant send him a message unspoken yet received by him. As he in turn replies nonchalant and appears unfazed by the secret interaction between the two.

"Very well....but then again you know am not a child anymore and can very well take care of myself."

At which time turn round he let out a faint sigh as he finds no trace of her as seem to disappear. At which time he then feel a faint tap onto his shoulder that was soon followed by an all familiar voice.

"Well fancy see you here... given I didn't peg you for the philanthropic type.."

To which he sees the familiar blue hue face of the Chiss reporter he'd once known in the past.

"Well, what can I say....duty calls. But then again what about you? But wait guess you here for that Brody and all this fancy reform school press briefing of his eh?"

At which time the Chiss gave him a faint smirk as the two then move off the side. Continue on their conversation all the while most if not all those that came slowly began to assemble in the main hall for the press conference. He then glances around briefly and whispers in a low voice at the said reporter...

" ....so any idea who that was with the spotlight earlier was?"

@Brody Royce , @Alex Thanas , @Max Wayne , @Danelle Athro

Last edited:

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
As Dani, which seemed to be her preferred choice of name rattled off a list of demands, Brody pulled a small device out of his pocket and began tapping it furiously. Once he was done he turned it so the screen faced Dani and she could read the list.

“ anything else Miss Athro? If not tap the blue button and your list of requirements will be sent and actioned up. The holonet though will have to be monitored to a degree, not because I want to put any restraints on you or any other student, but because I have to protect the institute and the students from outside influences.”

He held the screen steady awaiting her next action. “ the institute isn’t here to punish you like that jail you were in, it’s here to protect you to give you an advantage in life. You have developing skills that need to be fed and nurtured, think of us all as family and if this all works out, we all become part of a network, a network of knowledge and protection from .....”

He paused looking for the right word “ circumstance” and with that all done, Brody bade Dani a good day and moved off to find Max.
It wasn’t hard to find the young man, given the device he wore. Brody approached with a smile and again kept the meeting public.

“ Max, so glad I caught up with you.”
Brody looked at the prison device attached to his arm. “ that will have to come off. The institute is a place of safety and trust. I’ve read your file so I’m away of your capabilities and that.”

Brody pointed to the device that delivered the drug to the young man “ has no place in any of my facilities, so when you have time, meet me in the medical bay and we’ll analyse it and have it removed, then we can’t start on getting you that headstart in life, sound like a plan?”

Brody had so much to do on this first day, a list of students he had to personally speak with, Alex would be next and then the young man from the house of Terran, he was definitely somebody Brody needed to meet.

“ I have to go now Max, but if you tap the little symbol near the clasp on your GPS, it will let me know you want to talk. It’s not just a decoration and soon enough you can get rid of that too”

Brody turned and headed off to see the next student

@Danelle Athro @Max Wayne

Andulf Terran

House Terran of Alderaan
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
New Republic
It was at that time seem with a coy smile Andulf and the Chiss reporter sort continued on a back forth banter. Wherein Andulf on his part passingly pries to inquire from the Chiss all that he could about so call students hauled in earlier. Hide behind the guise of both his wit and charm as a statement representative of their House...who as much had their press released officer had given out in a statement a while back. Was both concerned as much deeply committed to ensuring that what legacy his uncle the late Duke began to remain intact as much continued despite his passing. By him thought by the dictates of law tradition of succession, it would be some time before he'd had to concern himself about anything outside of being groom as the next Count in line. Deal with most his time and life now govern by duties or obligation. Both which was in the back of his mind something he once had no qualm about that is till...

But just the same up until late the growing friction between father and son seems to only widen. To the point, he slowly began to get into a bit of trouble that by the grace and considerable holding his House had in terms of wealth or influence. Had been kept relatively out of the spotlight for anyone else to find out as such take the initiative or try to keep him in line. His father the acting Duke came into contact and been in talks with Brody. In regards to possibly leading sponsoring or offering back his current endeavor in exchange for maybe keeping the young Count discreetly secured out of public view for some time to as his father put it, Grieve and work out his issue...

Last edited:

Max Wayne

Finding My Way
Rank
Apprentice
Force User
Yes
As Brody walked away Max had to fight an overwhelming sense of relief that was about to manifest itself as tears. Finally someone who actually cared about him, his future, and wasn't afraid of him. The drugs were going to be cleared from his system and he would finally be able to be himself again. And he had a future. Something he wasn't so sure was still true when they had left him in that cell.

None of that was going to happen though unless he did... something.... Brody had told him to do something, or to go somewhere... Yeah that was right he had a future if he went somewhere. But where?

'Medical' a thought screamed inside his head trying to push past the next rush of chemicals that was hitting his blood stream. 'I need to get to the medical bay' the though became clearer leaving behind everything else going on around him. The other students, friends, and people in the room forgotten, replaced with the idea of getting to the medical bay and becoming his only focus.

But where was the medical bay?

Brody must have told him how to get there, he was new here after all he wouldn't have been expected to navigate this massive place on his own. After all, if it wasn't for the wrist device he had been given he wouldn't have made it to the meeting room on his own.

'THE WRIST DEVICE!' it was like a slap in the face when he realised he was still wearing it and Brody had said it would help them get anywhere they needed. Without worrying about anyone around him or the social niceties of the setting he was currently entrenched in, he lifted his wrist and gazed at the device.

"Can you take me to the medical bay?" Max asked hoping the device had a voice interface not trust in himself to put in physical commands. To his relief the device lite up again opening a new holomap of the building with simple directions showing him where he needed to go.

"Excuse me," he said to anyone around him that might have still been paying attention to him, and began to follow the directions of the device.

When he finally arrived at the medical bay he was relieved. He was rather embarrassed to say he had gotten lost more than a few times and the device had had to turn him around.

"Oh my" a soft almost mother like voice greeted him as he entered the bay. "You must be Max," a kind looking woman in a medical coat and curled greying hair said as she got him from a desk and rushed over to him, grabbing him by the shoulder and helping him to a bed. "Mr. Royce told me you would be here, I've requested the specifications of the chemical restraint you are wearing but sadly the correctional system has ignored my requests."

"Ok," Max said as he collapsed back into the bed allowing his eyes to close. He had no idea what she was talking about or what she meant by anything she had said. He found her voice soothing and welcoming though, and he had accomplished his mission getting here. Now he would have to trust her and let himself rest, not that he had much choice as unconsciousness took him.

When he woke up he had no idea how long he had been asleep. He wasn't sure what or if anything had happened since he got to the medical bay but he did notice one very important thing, his head felt better. Actually better was an understatement. He felt good, clear, and much more like himself than he had since being arrested so long ago. Along with that sense of clarity came something else, something deep within had been awoken and he could feel... everything. The entire room, one he had never been in before today was suddenly familiar to him as if he had spent years here working and living. He was even aware of little details such as the coffee stain on the antique wooden desk in the corner, and that a light in the next bay over that needed to be replaced but that maintemce hadn't come to do it yet. It was weird, overwhelming, and liberating. He was free!

Andulf Terran

House Terran of Alderaan
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
New Republic
It was then while conversing with his old acquaintance about what he could secretly pry from him about those first few occupancies of this place. And what he could about the said proprietor of this "Institution" as he recalled in their brief conversation with his aid on the way here. As if anything else notes how it seems his father being slightly cryptic of his role in this endeavor outside than being there as a representative of his House. Did somehow not sit with him well as such he took it upon himself to gather as much information before anything else went down. As he knew well now how for all intention purposes that not everything he thought he knew or believe about his family was true.

That hidden deep within the surface lay secret....secrets that at that time he had no idea how far down it lead nor widespread. As too now did he come to realize how naive as much shelter his life was. That coupled with the intrigue and sudden death in the only family he knew of hitting him hard as such he'd lash out at everything or anyone in a way no less unbecoming for someone of his stature as much responsibility it seems. That thing had been at best strain between father and son for quite sometime reach to a point that he'd been most certainly warn of being cut off from the family. Something which only added to cause friction between them that they both had their moments which though seem on the surface appear to be nonexistence as much invisible to anyone outside their inner circle. WHich was for the best given not only had their family held quite a close connection as much influence with the Royal family for seems ages. So too was the vast wealth or holdings they held in the very key industry as well as commerce. That he too comes to realize in them the weight as much the responsibility place upon him given the precarious position of being at best lone named heir.

But still as strong will and being the astute student as he was of his late uncle he was not one to be easily coherence nor made do anything. That went against anything he stood or believed in as such learn of the possible endowment or support his House could give the place. Made him by no means compliant nor will go along unless he himself saw things for himself....to which end it seems was one part of the equation he unknowingly was not privy to and would soon find out.

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
Brody had done the rounds to see the students he had on his list, the final one was an Andulf Terran, the file mentioned aristocracy, old money. Brody wasn’t a huge fan of old money, to staunch, too many rules but hey, the kid was at his Institute and would be treated equally as a student.

Brody saw the young man taking to a Chiss reporter and decided to do what Brody did best, interrupt

“ Andulf is it?” He glanced around the reporter, “ yeah sorry to butt in but Andulf and I need to discuss something and we’ll, I’m the boss here. Cafe is down the hall, grab a free coffee and donut and if you still have time I’ll give you a micro interview. Good man, run along”

Despite the media being the platform that gave Brody the face of the galaxy, he had little time for them when he was busy.

“ So Andulf, what is it you’re hoping tyou gain from the Institute? I read your file, interesting background “

Andulf Terran

House Terran of Alderaan
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
New Republic

It was then while Andulf conversed with old Chiss acquaintance of his that from the sideline the man of the hour. Brody Royce came to as to mildly put it interject himself in the conversation as much seem work to steer him away to attend perhaps close the deal. That he having called out by his name turn his gaze toward Brody and give him a silent nod while reply back.

"That it is.... thought my father in his official capacity would not be keen have my address as such ....not that I care nothing of what he thinks."

At which time the Chiss who take a side glance at both him and Brody no less seemingly entice as much tempted by his offer for an interview. Thought to feel a bit apprehensive of leaving or possibly incite the ire of the young Count whom he had shared quite a decent rapport with along history with. At any rate with silent side glace unspoken as much, it was between the two that Chiss nods and as slowly left replied to Brody.

" Alright then... I have time if you really mean it as it'll least give me something write in my column."

With that said the Chiss took his leave and as he did so his father's personal attache who'd been assign accompany him took note of this and would have approached keep watch over him if not for Andulf. Who while listening to Brody speaks gave him a stern gaze of disapproval to which the attache take a hint followed to then though keep him in sight kept his distance.

"Well to be honest it's not so much me but my father that has an interest in gain anything....but then again do you? Have a file on me now? At any rate, am sure interesting would not quite how one would put it depending which source it came out of."

His gaze then slightly turn away as memories of old came into mind....as truth be told there was much in the young Count life or files that one would deem interesting. Not at the beginning that is unless one would have the chance peek at the unedited files. That was kept far from prying eyes as far from the benevolent scholastic man he was made out to be was a man who had seen his share of darkness. Along with the burden of truth so few knew of family history along with the dealing it had in the past. That for the most part the vast wealth had been no less tainted with blood money gain thru the ages. And that he in his own part had a part as much guilt in it seem like the years past after living a life of excess oblivious of the price or consequence of his action.

That is till that one fateful day when it all came crashing down and he finally had to face the cold hard truth. Something which had as much it hit him hard had it no less weigh heavily in his mind.

"... at any rate, it seems my conversation with my old acquaintance earlier had been shall I say inciteful. In me learn of this place seeing as I apparently have been at my father's behest if only have a better understanding of this place before he signs off on his end. As it seems given the sticky situation my father found himself in with that little incident involving place one your current resident."