The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

The Coronavirus

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
It’s about to go back up since they are starting to open up more things

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I suspect you might be right.
My research team is literally crunching numbers for the CDC to see how long we can open the economy before x number of deaths. I suspect the plan is to open it back up until that many die than shut it down again.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
We've really f**ked it up in the UK. We had more deaths yesterday than the entire European Union combined. Our government are responsible for tens of thousands of avoidable deaths.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
We've really f**ked it up in the UK. We had more deaths yesterday than the entire European Union combined. Our government are responsible for tens of thousands of avoidable deaths.
Some states here are seeing their highest numbers while pretending that its business as usual out there. Sad.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction

Kinu Oja

Master Historian
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Yeah and El Presidente Trump keeps saying in press conferences that he's excited and expects states to push forward reopening. Aid our people you idiot, his mind is clouded by profiteering. Health and safety should be first and foremost above money. I'm so disappointed the US government is one of the governments doing the least in the world to support its citizens.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I think we're going to follow suit over the next couple of months, with numbers going up rather than down.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I think we're going to follow suit over the next couple of months, with numbers going up rather than down.
Part of what we're feeling right now is the repercussions of memorial day parties and the loosening of restrictions around that time.. But to make things worse... Independence Day is next weekend. Not gonna be good.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Nope. We've had the BLM protests which won't help and people have been pouring into certain beach towns and packing out the beaches there. That's not going to help.

Did you see Novak Djokovic's Tennis tournaments? What an absolute spanner.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Nope. We've had the BLM protests which won't help and people have been pouring into certain beach towns and packing out the beaches there. That's not going to help.

Did you see Novak Djokovic's Tennis tournaments? What an absolute spanner.
Protest footage certainly didn't to much for social distancing, but at least they appeared better about wearing masks than Trump rally goers and beach goers.

Yeah, I heard about the tennis thing.

Nascar is having pretty good luck with no audience at most races. But I don't know how indoor sports or outdoor sports with any degree of physical contact will be able to manage.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
Football has started here with players being tested twice a week. Stadiums empty, players on the bench and coaches kept apart. It's weird watching it on TV, made worse by the fact my team has been awful in our two games.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Football has started here with players being tested twice a week. Stadiums empty, players on the bench and coaches kept apart. It's weird watching it on TV, made worse by the fact my team has been awful in our two games.
Some College teams here have brought athletes to campus for training with mixed results. Professional teams are about to report for training for shortened seasons, but they've got players testing positive before even showing up. Even the NFL is beginning to see effects, as they've cancelled the "Hall of Fame Game" which is the first pre-season game of year that coincides with the Hall of Fame selection for the year.