The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

The Daily Hello - (Check-In Thread)

Marck Vallen

Jedi Master
Staff member
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
New Jedi Order
The Jedi Archive mentioned something about this Earth, but it was so long since last time I encountered the topic...

Sounds like a fantasy story though...

Marina deVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
Yea.. a long one with multiple plots and stuff. Although a lot of the plots kinda repeat through the various chapters as the story progresses through what they perceive as time. Still, there are plenty of new characters that the author creates that repeat the same storylines that make it quite entertaining really. You know, like reboots...do overs. Only the end results kinda wind up with the same tragedy. Hard to call the work anything more than a dark comedy really.

Say, how far did you get with the Earth Chronicles anyway?..?? :).

Marck Vallen

Jedi Master
Staff member
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
New Jedi Order
I lost interest after the first series... too many tragically ironic lessons that no one learns from.

Marina deVoe

Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
oh....

Hmm...
Truth be told, I kinda skimmed through the Age Chapters. That's where most of the history involving the earthlings begins to stall out the story and then right at the very end accelerate. I mean, like we are to swallow that the Earthlings creeped along during all the Age Chapters at a snail's pace and then in their very last century shot for the stars while again shooting themselves in the foot with a third global war...
I don't know. I mean I kinda put it down after that. Like, my little brother could guess as to what was going to happen, and he never even got past the Period chapters. My little brother was all upset when the author wrote out the giant reptiles from the chronicles. :(

Marina deVoe

Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
I wish!
Was actually contemplating this, this morning when my alarm started to annoy me at 5:30 am. :(

Marck Vallen

Jedi Master
Staff member
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
New Jedi Order
Really really wanted to post today but running out of time and mental energy.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
True most of the time, hopefully true today.
We get testy here from time to time, but in this day and age TGC is still pretty much an oasis in the desert of depravity that is the internet in 2020. Even if it never again equals my memories of a time gone bye, just being here makes me feel a little better amidst the public health crisis and partisan politics.