The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Holonetflix The Galactic Amazing Race

Max Wayne

Finding My Way
Rank
Apprentice
Force User
Yes
The Galactic Amazing Race
Planet Coruscant - Senate Building Courtyard

Max kneeled down and tied his shoe lace, checking to make sure both were properly secured as the camera crew was finishing setting up for the introduction for the races Holo show. While making sure he was ready for the race was important, he was mainly doing it to give himself a moment to catch his breathe and calm himself. He was excited of course, he was looking forward to the adventure but he was also a little overwhelmed. He hadn't even been off world before and now he had left his home world came to Coruscant and was about to hope across multiple planets in a race for a million credits. And while he told people he was doing this for the excitement of the race, he really needed the credits.

Music began to play and Max knew that was his cue to look ready. Standing back up he looked around at everyone trying to gauge his competition. He wasn't sure who anyone else was, but some looked pretty impressive and only added to his nerves. Still he was here to win and he wasn't about to be intimidated.

"Welcome everyone to the first ever Galactic Amazing Race!" The host called out in dramatic tones as lights began to wash over everyone.

Brody Royce

The Merchant of Death
Rank
Adept
Force User
No
Faction
Brody was in his office on Coruscant when the call came in.

“ Brody Royce’s office, this is he”

The voice on the other end of the comms was the minister for Justice in the Republic Senate. “ Mr Royce, Lars Darjeeling here, minister for Justice.”

“ Ah Mr Deeling, what can I do for you on this fine day?” Royce replied.

There was a pause before the minister began speaking again. “ Darjeeling, and I’m calling in regard to Max Wayne”

Brody lifted a brow, he knew what was coming but continued on all the same.

“ Ah yes, young Max, bright young man, so much potential , you know he’s settling in to the Institute so well”

Darjeeling interjected “ then what is he doing on Coruscant in.... the Amazing Race?”

Brody didn’t physically wince but he knew he was pushing the boundaries of the contract he had with the Justice department

“ Well Mr Darling, I expect he is racing”

Another pause “ Darjeeling, so you aren’t aware he escaped the Institute and is now on Holonetflix right now? Do I need to remind you of the contractual agreement if one of your students escapes?”

Brody laughed “ wait, he’s what? On Holonetflix right now?”

Darjeeling became more serious “ yes he is and it’s no laughing matter Mr Royce”

Brody gave a sigh of relief “ good then Iggy got him there safely! You know I was concerned he wouldn’t make it on time as my yacht pulled out of Hyperspace, usually I’m on schedule but a minor technical glitch with engine one made us late and I turned to Max when we were on the bridge and said, I’ll apologise in advance if you miss the start, but I’ll do my best not to let you down. He understood which just goes to show he’s responding better to treatment at the Institute than he was in one of your prisons”

Darjeeling was silent for a moment “ wait, you know he’s there? You flew him there?”

Brody grinned sarcastically “ yes I flew him there. Section 12 subsection C of the contract specifically says Students can leave the Institute to participate in sporting and physical activities with the express permission of the institue board”

Darjeeling was silent again. “ so the entire board voted to allow him to participate without consulting the Justice Department?”

Brody was loving this “ well technically I’m the board and it’s now clear you didn’t read section 4 subsection A of the contract that says The Institute doesn’t have to consult anyone on any decision made by the Institute ie me. Your lawyers looked it over before signing it, I’m the legal guardian for every student in the institute Mr Jarling and I won’t put these young bright minds in any situation that exploits their freedoms or their ability to learn or their ability to grow, so if you’ll excuse me I have business to attend to”

Darjeeling raised his voice and only got a few words out before Brody disconnected

“ Now Listen her Roy.....”

Brody pushed his comms button on the desk , “Vanessa, can you get the shuttle ready, I’d like to personally be there when Max sets off“

Vanessa replied affirmatively and made preparations

Moments later Brody was heading to his rooftop port to link up with the shuttle. In his office the light on his comms flashed furiously as Darjeeling tried to call back

Max Wayne

Finding My Way
Rank
Apprentice
Force User
Yes
"Well I have never actually done anything like this before," Max said sheepishly into the camera as the host came over and was interviewing him. "But I'm quick and pretty good at talking people into helping me. So I'm sure it will be me crossing the finish line first at the end of this race." It wasn't the best tag line, but it seem to make the host happy as he smiled an almost genuine smile before he and his camera moved to the next person beside him to interview. Max was relieved. He didn't particularly care for being in the spot light, but it was the price to pay for a little time away from the Institute, adventure, and possibly a pretty good pay out if he won.

As the last interview was finishing up Max happened to look in the right direction and saw that Mr. @Brody Royce had made it to join the launch. He hadn't been sure he would, they had already had some adventure just getting here on time. And he thought Mr. Royce was going to have to work, but he had come. It was weird, he hadn't known the man long and already he was taking time to ensure he was not only succeeding doing well at school but in life as well. Maybe there wasn't a catch to this school and Mr. Royce was everything he advertised. Still seeing him there made him smile.

"Everyone ready?" The announcer said snapping Max back to reality. "The Amazing Galactic Race starts in three.." Max snapped into position ready to run to the first clue of the race. "Two..." the announcement called out as loud music began to play. "Go!" a bang from a starter pistol ran out and all hell broke loose as Max ran forward.