The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

The Mandalorian (News & Discussion)

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
but the only people who will hate it are dickhead misogynists and creepy little incels raging in their mother's house..
I disagree. The general public is tired of the issues being shoved down their throats. Its polarizing abd driving otherwise moderate people to the extremes.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I disagree. The general public is tired of the issues being shoved down their throats. Its polarizing abd driving otherwise moderate people to the extremes.
^ yes. I won’t watch any of the award shows because the celebrities preach too much

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I’m also a woman and I hate being catered to with “all female” crap. How about for equality you just write a good movie and put a female in it and then let it be a success?

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I don't think it's really aimed at women. It's female children who get excited at being given more female role models and icons. And in fairness, society still has a helluva long way to go with regards to sex equality, so it can't really complain about things that seek to remedy even in a small way being shoved down its throat.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I never understood that as a child either. When I was little my role model was Superman. He was a man. Didn’t matter.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
For sure, and that's the case for many. But not all. I don't think we should ignore girls who would like more girl heroes because other girls are happy with picking from a pool that's 90% made up of people with XY chromosomes.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Temuera Morrison Returning to Star Wars in The Mandalorian!

Hwo

Jedi Exile
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I just saw that this morning and posted a separate thread because I didn't see this one. I am excited. I love Timothy Olyphant (esp. Justified). Cobb Vanth was featured in a few short flashback scenes in the Aftermath trilogy.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I just saw that this morning and posted a separate thread because I didn't see this one. I am excited. I love Timothy Olyphant (esp. Justified). Cobb Vanth was featured in a few short flashback scenes in the Aftermath trilogy.
I was a big Justified fan as well.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
The Mandalorian Leads To New Golden Globes Rule

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
I love that they do stuff like this. I remember seeing Anthony Daniels appearing as an extra when Obi-Wan takes out Zam Wessel in AOTC.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I remember seeing Anthony Daniels appearing as an extra when Obi-Wan takes out Zam Wessel in AOTC.
Amed Best (Jar Jar) was in that scene too. The prequels, had thousands of "cameos" of people, props and other things. I remember having so much fun looking for them. There were websites that collected images of them as they were identified.