The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

The Mandalorian (News & Discussion)

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
There is so many ways they could go with this. Obviously the Book of Boba Fett is already decided and will almost certainly be awesome.

However, where to go with the Mandalorian? Will there be another mini Mandalorian Civil War between The Mandalorian and Bo-Katan given the almost inevitable conflict over the Darksaber?

Crazy theory, but will they actually use the Mandalorian to save The Last Jedi? Maybe Ben Solo kills The Child, which would arguably justify Luke's utterly out of character contemplation of slaughtering him whilst he slept? And also make it slightly more understandable (but only slightly) why he would retreat to Ahch-To and idly waste away whilst The First Order built a new superweapon and undid everything The Rebel Alliance and Luke had achieved.

Bring on Season 3! And the Book of Boba Fett! Give these two series, plus Rogue One, The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker is almost a price worth paying to get this content, and hopefully future content that is on a par or close to as good.

Reactions: Hwo

Hwo

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
There is so many ways they could go with this. Obviously the Book of Boba Fett is already decided and will almost certainly be awesome.

However, where to go with the Mandalorian? Will there be another mini Mandalorian Civil War between The Mandalorian and Bo-Katan given the almost inevitable conflict over the Darksaber?

Crazy theory, but will they actually use the Mandalorian to save The Last Jedi? Maybe Ben Solo kills The Child, which would arguably justify Luke's utterly out of character contemplation of slaughtering him whilst he slept? And also make it slightly more understandable (but only slightly) why he would retreat to Ahch-To and idly waste away whilst The First Order built a new superweapon and undid everything The Rebel Alliance and Luke had achieved.

Bring on Season 3! And the Book of Boba Fett! Give these two series, plus Rogue One, The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker is almost a price worth paying to get this content, and hopefully future content that is on a par or close to as good.
That is a very interesting idea. Ben Solo kills Grogu, making Luke walk away and setting things in motion for the sequel trilogy.

The cloning subplot also offers a lot of possibilities. Is Grogu a clone of Yoda? Is this the technology Palpatine uses to create the Force-using clones that become Snoke? I think there will be some tie between them taking Grogu's blood and what we eventually see with Snoke and/or Palpatine.

The Mandalorian is certainly becoming one of my favorite Star Wars properties and has my excitement level to that of when TPM and TFA came out. I always want more. Although the shorter episodes and shorter seasons may be what keeps it so interesting; there is no oversaturation or fatigue.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
That is a very interesting idea. Ben Solo kills Grogu, making Luke walk away and setting things in motion for the sequel trilogy.

The cloning subplot also offers a lot of possibilities. Is Grogu a clone of Yoda? Is this the technology Palpatine uses to create the Force-using clones that become Snoke? I think there will be some tie between them taking Grogu's blood and what we eventually see with Snoke and/or Palpatine.

The Mandalorian is certainly becoming one of my favorite Star Wars properties and has my excitement level to that of when TPM and TFA came out. I always want more. Although the shorter episodes and shorter seasons may be what keeps it so interesting; there is no oversaturation or fatigue.
I had a proper fangasm when Luke appeared. Although that's not a hallmark of quality, I had one when Wedge Antilles appeared in ROS.

I do also think that the appearance of Luke and the tying up of Grogu does increase the possibility of a reset. I think it's fair to say that The Mandalorian has lodged itself into the hearts of the fanbase a lot more than the Disney Trilogy has and, at the moment, it appears the films are tying the hands of The Mandalorian.

Reactions: Hwo

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Crazy theory, but will they actually use the Mandalorian to save The Last Jedi? Maybe Ben Solo kills The Child
While I like the idea, there is next to no chance that happens. 1) The character is a marketing goldmine. 2) He's almost certain to get an animated series for kids.. he's practically tailor made for it. 3) Keeping him alive and in stories is essentially a sort of "what if" way to explore the life of the original Yoda without having to go back in time or resurrect him.

A

Admin

I finished season 1 and realized I just really don’t like Star Wars anymore. I dunno if I’m gonna bother with season 2. Maybe If I run out of other stuff.

it’s an okay show it just didn’t hold my interest. I guess I’ve changed as as adult. Adulthood is poo

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
As long as you are subscribed to Disney +... might as well check out the second season. Its not a very big investment of time.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I finished season 1 and realized I just really don’t like Star Wars anymore. I dunno if I’m gonna bother with season 2. Maybe If I run out of other stuff.

it’s an okay show it just didn’t hold my interest. I guess I’ve changed as as adult. Adulthood is poo
If you didn't like it, you can't like Star Wars anymore. It was awesome. Season 2 is better, mind you, so might be worth sticking with it.