The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Topic Creation Challenge?

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I don't know how it would work, but we should come up with something to encourage new topic creation by everyone here....

thoughts?

Marina deVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Rank
Elite
Force User
No
Faction
I'm just a spammer, so any topic for me can easily be hijacked and turned into something else. :p

Seriously..no ideas at the moment. But I'm game for anything and won't count out that I may be inspired by what others bring to the table. One good idea stems more ideas... :D

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I've always been up for using TGC to talk about everything. Some people always saw it strictly as a role playing place, more so in present day when every news story on the internet has its own discussion section beneath it. But back in the day you had to find a community to discuss news and topics you read about somewhere else. Interestingly enough, the tables are turning back in favor of dedicated discussion communities because of censorship on the big social media platforms and news makers sites.

As it is, I create a lot of topics. But I still restrain myself quite a bit. I'd talk about lots of other things....

Adira Ventress

Nightsister
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Yea, i show a lot of restraint for myself as well while being here, but it can be fun sometimes to trollbait others at times.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
We could do a weekly challenge? Topics start on one day. At the end of the week the one with the most posts wins. Then we do it again. We keep a record of the winners.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
We could do a weekly challenge? Topics start on one day. At the end of the week the one with the most posts wins. Then we do it again. We keep a record of the winners.
I called it a "challenge" when I started the thread, but I was never really sure how to make it a competition. And to be perfectly honest... i don't really like making everything a competition. With that in mind, what if we tried a different rout and had like a "designated topic creator." Everybody would always be welcome to create daily topics, but just like an admin or moderator has certain responsibilities, it was this person's responsibility to create interesting new topics on a given day. Perhaps they could lean into a certain undeserved topic. Or maybe they have a favorite kind of topic that they would try to bring forward. So for instance, maybe somebody is into politics, science, sports ect...... I'm weird. I've got something to say about everything. But some people may have more focused interests...

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
If people are willing to be designated topic creators then we can give it a shot

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Also, I'd like to propose "Resident Narcissist" be lovingly added to Brody's user titles!