The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Twister Reboot

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Joseph Kosinski in Talks to Helm Twister Reboot at Universal
The late ’90s saw a major resurgence in the natural disaster genre and one of the best of the era was 1996’s Twister starring Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt and in looking back at the film’s major box office success, Universal is eying a reboot of the blockbuster with Joseph Kosinski (Top Gun: Maverick) in talks to direct, according to Variety

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I bet they could do some awesome things with graphics

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
When I read this I assumed it was about the game Twister, the one that when you were young you'd encourage girls you fancied to play as it would give you a free pass to basically legally sexually assault them!

Toraxus

Darth Arakni
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Is this catastrophe in the making or genius? We will find out.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Bill Paxton is of course dead now, but I always figured a sequel would give him and Helen Hunt's character a college age child who is now out in the field chasing storms with a new team, while mom and dad are stuck at some university lab.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
When I read this I assumed it was about the game Twister, the one that when you were young you'd encourage girls you fancied to play as it would give you a free pass to basically legally sexually assault them!
😂😂

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
any attempt at a remake is a no for me.
While I understand that sentiment - sequels don't delete their originals, and even bad sequels help generate renewed interest in their originals. If the sequel to a "classic" film sucks... the sequel is forgotten. No harm, not foul.