The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

What Type Of Housekeeper Are You?

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Force User
Yes
We already have a thread asking what kind of home you live in. In this thread I want to hear how you keep that house.

Although my house is old and could use some renovation, I keep it quite clean and relatively sparsely decorated. Not a fan of clutter.

The other day at work we did an eviction on a house whose tenants were the exact opposite... filthy, hoarders: https://briankunkle2.blogspot.com/2020/02/cleaning-up-after-hoarders-album-2020.html

Most of our tenants are clean and prompt with their rent checks, but occasionally we had to deal with the worst kind of people.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Force User
Yes
That's disgusting, a TV in a toilet?
Yeah, it was pretty bad (though unfortunately not the worst place I've ever seen. At least there was no pet/animal waste in this one.) No idea what the TV was doing there. It wasn't even functional. We have a dumpster for all of the tenants within sight of this cottage. They could have thrown away anything they wanted, daily, at no extra cost. But instead, for some reason they decided to collect their garbage. Its got to be a disease... that's the only explanation.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
TGC - All Of It
Force User
No
Wow and I thought my house was cluttered.

We live in an apartment and it’s cluttered but clean. No dirty dishes or trash. My fiancé just has a bad habit of leaving his socks laying around LOL

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Force User
Yes
My next door neighbour's house is like this. Disgusting. I've lived here nearly 11 years and have been in their house twice, once to help fix a bookcase and once to plumb in a washing machine. Both times I should have worn a hazmat suit.

Mak Manto

Rogue Jedi Master
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Force User
Yes
Wow...

How do you get to that level of hoarding and keeping trash everywhere? Is it some problem with not wanting to get rid of anything or not caring if there's trash? A bit of both?

Rogue Steiner

The Old Man
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi Order
Force User
Yes
The wifey would say I'm a "hoarder" but not to the level of TLC hoarder. I do tend to hold onto stuff but I do throw things away that I really really don't need. Hoarders just can't part with anything.

As for housekeeping: I do the dishes (morning and evening), I keep the living room clean and my bedroom (includes making the bed). The wife has everything else.

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Force User
Yes
Wow...

How do you get to that level of hoarding and keeping trash everywhere? Is it some problem with not wanting to get rid of anything or not caring if there's trash? A bit of both?
I don't really understand it.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
TGC - All Of It
Force User
No
I think part of it is a mental disorder. A lot of people who do it (like real TLC) have substance abuse issues too. Not all but many do.

Hard to feel grossed out when you are high as f@$& 🤷🏻‍♀️

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Force User
Yes
Our house tends to be kept very clean, largely driven by my wife. The general, daily chores (dishwasher, setting/clearing the table, hanging out/getting in washing, kitchen clean) are shared as we both work, her 3 days a week, me 4.

But she sorts all the laundry and also does a proper clean of the bathroom and shower room every week or two, which I rarely do, and she does the majority of the hoovering. I do most of the garden stuff and all of the DIY.

It's important to us that the kids see both Mum and Dad going out to work AND contributing round the house. I don't want to enforce any outdated ideas that men work, women clean, so we do make a point of ensuring that they see Mum with her feet up whilst I tidy and clean and vice versa.

E

Ethan Wayne

Yikes.

But, Ceel, this is what my Chrome thinks of your blog:

Capture.PNG

:eek:

I'm an OK housekeeper. I get things done at least.