The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

XFL?

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
So, after a short lived attempt at competing with the NFL way back in 2001, the XFL is back in 2020.

Did you watch any of the games this past opening weekend? Does it stand a chance?

Personally, I can't see the league ever being a threat to the NFL and NCAA until late in my life time, but I'm rooting for the company to remain solvent long term this time. Monopolies suck. There are and have been other pro / semi pro American Football leagues. But would love to see the NFL have some legit competition. I'm tired of the status quo.

Last edited:

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
How is it different than the NFL? Same rules or different?
Similar rules, but with a number of differences. I'm not sure what all of the changes are this time around, but back in 2001 they were centered around speeding the game up and making it less predictable.

Players and staff include lots of former college and NFL players and coaches. Obviously all the big stars are still in the NFL.

The reason I want to see a new professional league succeed is that the NFL needs some competition, and I don't think college should continue to be the NFL's "minor league." Universities are making billions of dollars on the backs of unpaid athletes who have no choice but attend these schools if they want to play professionally.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
There is some weird rule about kickoffs, if it doesn't land within the opponents 20 yard line then they get to restart on the kicking teams 45 yard line or something like that.

You are also allowed two forward passes behind the line of scrimmage, so that might make for some more creative plays.

They're going big on YouTube so I think if I try hard enough I can get good coverage over here, so I might give it a try.

Ramiel Daniels

Archduke Dantella IV
Sub-Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Sith
Force User
Yes
I actually really enjoyed week one. There were no bullshit gimmicks like the 2001 version. It felt and looked like football. It’s nice to have something after the Super Bowl and since I’m a cowboys fan I root for Dallas (even if like the cowboys they suck lol)

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
There's no extra point conversion kick either, you have to go for the two point bonus.

Hwo

Jedi Exile
Primary Account
Rank
Master
Faction
Jedi
Force User
Yes
I'll have to check it out. I missed opening weekend because I had to work.