The Gungan Council

Welcome to The Gungan Council! We are a relaxed community with a laid back system. Stop by and say hello today by registering for a free account!

Your preferred style of role-play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I like role plays that have twists and turns. I’m a little older and slower so I like to take a longer time than is usual. It’s most fun when people don’t follow along like baby ducks.

Christian Draclau

Sith Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
I like...

...knowing that I've forced my readers to feel something. If you don't feel anything when you're absorbing a story then it can hardly be considered a "good" story. So, for me, I prefer a healthy balance of drama, excitement, ideological clash, internal conflict, loss and despair and just a dash of hope written with compelling and unique characters in mind to press the story narrative to it's very limit regarding the story's limitations and the reader's.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
Some of my posts are designed that way but I’ve never equated roleplaying with “writing.” It’s always been for fun for me.

That might be because the only things I write these days are research papers so without a billion citations it doesn’t feel like writing anymore 😂

Koga

Lady Incendia - Sith Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
I like new things? I guess... I like things with unique plots and other people popping in to potentially change the dynamic. I don't want to have the whole thing written out already in my mind. It's for fun and I like the challenge.

Mak Manto

Rogue Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
One word, and one word only:

Open.

Real life is not a closed RP, where you can direct and change the plot to how you want it to suit you. Things happen that you don't want to experience and then you have to deal with it.

Many of Mak's pivotal and defining moments have been from open stories where other RPers have shifted the story from how I thought it would go to where it finally ended at.

The whole current arc involving Mak's instability, the Witches, the Jedi no longer trusting him; everything that was started at TGC 1.0 and has continued now at TGC 2.0 involved open RPing.

R

Ronin Wendigo

I guess it'll be mix of freeform storyline rp....where there an idea in mind at play but enough freedom for peeps to write in fluidly without having to be too dependent on everyone action be too in sync or dictated by one alone

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
I prefer a long thread with short posts. I know some people prefer long, detailed replies, but I feel that because we're in the star wars universe its okay to leave a lot of the details to imagination as we all intuitively know what the scene looks like most of the time. And since the thread is going to be long, containing many hundreds of posts, there is no need to explain everything in any one reply.

Like others, I don't want to be "in charge" and prefer a situation where the other players take an initiative to create unexpected twists. But I also don't want somebody else to exert their will over the thread. For me its about "baby steps." Each reply should move the situation forward in a small, incremental way.

The bottom line for me is that TGC was always a game, intended to be open to all comers. The community went through a period that obsessed over so-called "writing quality," that made me scratch my head at a time when I was getting a degree in English / Creative Writing. During the day I was learning all about the art and craft of 'literary fiction.' I saw no need to drag that mind-set back to my dorm with me. TGC, to me, was a place to kick back. Everybody should be allowed their own style, but no single style should be forced on anyone.

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
With my wife. She plays Queen Elizabeth the Second and I'm Prince Phillip.

Admin Droid

Beep Beep
Staff member
Rank
Trainee
Force User
No
Faction
Jedi Order
I always make the toaster pretend she's a hot little food processor ... rawr

General Ceel

TGC Founder
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Hey, you come from a country that worships our royal family more than we do!
1) Not Me
2) You're the ones that continue to let them have an official status. I get it, they're good for tourism.... but isn't it time to seize their assets, end all titles, put an end to it?

Danster Bokoto

Jedi Master
Rank
Master
Force User
Yes
Faction
Jedi Order
1) Not Me
2) You're the ones that continue to let them have an official status. I get it, they're good for tourism.... but isn't it time to seize their assets, end all titles, put an end to it?
We also continue to elect Conservative governments in spite of the obvious detriment to the poor, many of whom continue to vote for them, so I won't be holding my breath that my country will, as a collective, end the monarchy.

That said, most of their assets have essentially already been seized. The majority of their residences are owned by the taxpayer, I think Balmoral and Sandringham (which is in my home county) are the exceptions in that they are owned privately by the Queen. We should seize them and up the rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.